• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
He's never slow to hog the media limelight. Wouldn't surprise me if he heads into politics. Showed his true colours imo when he tipped off the media he was heading for Phil Hughe's bedside. Says it all about him.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can't really agree with this. What we want is a repeat of 1999 where Australia wins everything. CWC, RWC, Davis Cup, Netball - you name it we won it 1999, or it seemed like it anyway.

2015 could start heading in that direction if we get the job done tomorrow after the Socceroos Asian Cup win in Jan. Wallabies might even take a bit of confidence out of watching other Aussie teams win big matches.

The Asian Cup??? Are u kidding me?? The Asians never won a FIFA WC, the Asian Cup is a minor tournament at soccer world

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Forecast for Melbourne:

image.jpg

30 or so kiwis descending on my place from 11ish for Warriors v Broncos then the cricket & HK 7's. Gonna be a huge day....................

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@WOB, You are going to need plenty of pus with 30 of your country folk coming over. Have you got a good source of Steinlager, Speights, or Tui or are you going to rely on an imitation beer like XXXX Gold?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@WOB, You are going to need plenty of pus with 30 of your country folk coming over. Have you got a good source of Steinlager, Speights, or Tui or are you going to rely on an imitation beer like XXXX Gold?

More sprit drinkers than beer & it's strictly BYO. Speights being rather difficult to come by in these parts & the others you mention being shite, I'll be sticking with my Louwenbrau.

Giving some thought to sticking 5 x green & 5 x yellow balloons above the door & popping them as the wickets fall :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ our TAB has your guys $1.45, mine $2.60: I'm not EXPECTING a win but it's a two-horse race so it's not impossible. Plus the fact we don't play (& mostly lose to) you guys as often as we used to actually works in our favour, I reckon, as hardly any of the players (Vettori excepted) know what it feels like to lose to you again & again & again...............

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^^^^^^ our TAB has your guys $1.45, mine $2.60: I'm not EXPECTING a win but it's a two-horse race so it's not impossible. Plus the fact we don't play (& mostly lose to) you guys as often as we used to actually works in our favour, I reckon, as hardly any of the players (Vettori excepted) know what it feels like to lose to you again & again & again.....

Typical Kiwis: even careful with a dollar when invited to back themselves
;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After plenty of fine tuned of my tipping jinx in footytips.com.au, I've tipped NZ to win.

As B McC departs early, it is working well.

Clearly they will not be holding the silverware aloft at 9pm tonight.

That's not a good stat. Thanks for reminding us Tubby. Not.
- Last time NZL played AUS at the G was in 2009. NZL won and 6 of that team are playing in black today.:(

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Guptill gone, 33/2 & stumbling along at 3 RPO, Taylor in next with a Super Rugby of ~0.3, not looking good......... Smacks first ball for 4, onya Ross, knew you were just the man for the job :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Leave the lounge to get a beer and a wicket falls while away. The jinx is strong.

Lolly of a catch. Poor shot selection.

NZL is real trouble. Wickets tumbling and low run rate.

FOW 1, 33, 39. 13 overs gone, 41-3.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
NZ should have bowled first. Well done for backing themselves but it will be their downfall. They look like the occasion has got to them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While it is a great start by us, I may reserve judgement until I see David Warner get a quickfire 75 to start our reply.

These NZL are canny buggers who have shown that their bowlers can defend small targets, and their batsmen can score reasonably well down to #8.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Another one bites the dust. - No it doesn't. LBW going down leg side by a fair way overturned by DRS appeal..

NZL need to bat more diligently. 66-4 would have been in the outhouse for them. Starc back on. 20 overs gone. NZL 66-3. A long way to go to set a decent target to defend.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Taylor needs to either go crazy or get out, no point in him getting to 40 off 65 then getting out for 60 off 100, he does that we lose for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.