• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ireland just knocked off the Windies comfortably. Some classy batsman in green, but both sides have serious pace bowling issues.

The Windies? Well they could give less fucks I'm sure. They look like a rabble.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Proteas vs India @ MCG. Hope the MCG give enough bounce and movement. This cement path pitch is not good for cricket. There must be something for the bowler, just a tiny.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
England bowled out for 123 with Tim Southee taking 7 for 33.

In reply NZ are 1/112 after 9 overs... and they've just headed to a 45 minute lunch break. Well played ICC, well played.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah broadcasters love them a break. Going to take longer for the umpires to walk out there than getting the winning runs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
England bowled out for 123 with Tim Southee taking 7 for 33.

In reply NZ are 1/112 after 9 overs... and they've just headed to a 45 minute lunch break. Well played ICC, well played.

Hole - e- Fook. Has KHunt been the English cricket team's Liaison Officer?

Ignoring the ICC match rules, that score is incredulous. Where is John the Bookie?

EDIT: NZ win with 37.4 overs to spare. Not even T20 cricket.

B.N Counter from CricketNZ is reportedly very happy with the outcome of the game because there was no need for the lights, and consequently the power bill for CricketNZ will be 75% lower than budgeted for.

The good news for England is that Captain Morgan actually found some form with the bat, and he managed to score nearly 14% of his teams runs, and he was one of only 4 batsmen to reach double figures.

B-QrJozCMAEgzvT.jpg

NZL: Brendan McCullum 77 runs - 8 fours and 7 sixes off 25 deliveries
ENG: Stephen Finn 2 Overs, 0 Maidens, 0-49 with economy rate of 4.25 per ball. (Ouch.)

The Committee of the local chapter of the ABE society are amused.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The Poms are captained by an Irishman with a Welsh name and their best player is a South African who they refuse to pick (rightly or wrongly). Sort of says it all about England cricket.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, that was an impressive performance by the Kiwis but the Poms didn't show any resistance.

Good to see the West Indies respond today with an emphatic victory. Pakistan were incredibly poor, once again.

I reckon we may struggle against the Kiwi's on their home track. The ball was swinging around corners yesterday.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Jeez, that was an impressive performance by the Kiwis but the Poms didn't show any resistance.

Good to see the West Indies respond today with an emphatic victory. Pakistan were incredibly poor, once again.

I reckon we may struggle against the Kiwi's on their home track. The ball was swinging around corners yesterday.
On any track. They're a bloody good team. Not really any weaknesses.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

On any track. They're a bloody good team. Not really any weaknesses.

WTF? Aussie cricket fans trying to claim underdog status v NZ? Unheard of, at least since Sir Richard retired :)

As it happens I reckon we'd be in with a shout in our own conditions or one of your less-bouncy venues, but we'd struggle against Johnson & co at say the 'gabba or WACA.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
WTF? Aussie cricket fans trying to claim underdog status v NZ? Unheard of, at least since Sir Richard retired :)

As it happens I reckon we'd be in with a shout in our own conditions or one of your less-bouncy venues, but we'd struggle against Johnson & co at say the 'gabba or WACA.
Not claiming underdog status - the Aussie team should be good enough at home, but there's barely a struck match in it at the moment. Like Aus and SA, the Black Caps have a nicely balanced team. If we don't win it, I'd rather you guys do.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The way things are looking, you guys won't have to play any match in Australia until the final, which is at the MCG.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't realise we hadn't played you guys in 18 months & given that was a washout (in Birmingham, who'd have guessed that?) you have to go back to the last CWC for a proper match.

The punters will no doubt install NZ as favs for Eden Park & I'm really looking forward to it BUT in terms of the CWC as a whole I still reckon it's yours to lose. Or Sethfricka's to lose from a winning position :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Huge crowd at the G today for the Saffers v India. Passionate and noisy as anything as well, perhaps because the Indians are bating well and look like setting a fairly large total.

Edit: Hugh's Kiss of Death issued above as India loses 2 wickets in quick succession.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah good job Afghans. They're mental - love it!

South Africa should run down that total unless India's pace attack suspiciously find another gear despite being a dog's breakfast all summer.

Funny how they couldn't win a game until the CWC eh? Smells like bookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.