• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Hurricanes, Rd 16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Played in the boondocks of Nelson, is there a home ground advantage for the Saders? Actually, on reflection Nelson's considerably closer to Wellington than Christchurch. Canes home game!

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
"what else could he do", well he could of not lifted him past the horizontal and then not driven him into the ground shoulder first with head contact.
This will be a very interesting citing and I reckon it has to be given Skeltons but knowing how bad sanzar is and it was a crusader doing it???

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just got home with 1:30 'til HT & fuck me we're in front with a man in the bin.

Played in the boondocks of Nelson, is there a home ground advantage for the Saders? Actually, on reflection Nelson's considerably closer to Wellington than Christchurch. Canes home game!

Not only is it closer it's actually to the North of Wellington.......

"what else could he do", well he could of not lifted him past the horizontal and then not driven him into the ground shoulder first with head contact.
This will be a very interesting citing and I reckon it has to be given Skeltons but knowing how bad sanzar is and it was a crusader doing it???

Just seen the replay, it's a clear yellow & he will get time for it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He'll get nothing. Guaranteed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Another quality early Friday night game from NZ.

More action in the first half than what is being reported happened in the entire Mungoball Showpiece on Wednesday night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Try Tuitavake, Carter is on target, 23 - 15.

Nah, I just read the Latu/ Skelton judgement. He'll get a week.
Why would he get a week? That's 25% of the entry level. If they applied logic (they don't), it's be 4 weeks reduced to 2. But it will be nothing. Because SANZAR.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ I think they'll rule it merely reckless & take a week off for that.

Miracle offload from Nadolo, Todd skids over & ref awards it without going upstairs. DC converts, 30 - 18 & the upset is well on.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty sure it is illegal to play without a jumper on.

Law 4 Definitions:
A player wears a jersey, shorts and underwear, socks and boots.

Guess that makes it illegal to go commando as well.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nadolo!!!! Brilliant kick from Carter. Go for the ball & not the player next time Nonu.

Nasty stuff there with Proctor hope he's ok.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nadolo seals it with a shoulder-charge assist from Ma'a :)

Matt Procter looks to be in real trouble here, hope he's OK.

Carter misses but it's 35 - 18 so 'canes are done for the night. YTF couldn't we have been playing like this back in March & April? We'd still be in with a sniff of a playoffs spot...........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well if a hip throw with someone lifting legs is same as that tackle he should get time, but anyway it good to give everyone something to discuss. Enjoyed game if the Canes did get done. Think a couple of things that Saders did different to rest of year was , They had some crappy old fella who is well past it playing at 10 who actually gave them a lot of direction around the field , and Fruean at 13 gave them some size in midfield, so they didn't have to continually throw the ball to Nadolo to make the advantage line.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yeah, such a shame we never got to see 10. Carter 12. Crotty 13. Fruean together on the back of what's been a pretty solid set-piece all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.