• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Huge test of Blues front 5 after Cantabs scrum steamrolling it last weekend.

Narawa and Kneepkens will feel a bit ffs after getting looked over in favour of some bloke from outside the squad who jetted in from France a fucken fortnight ago.

I fully expect "Ethan Blackadder" to be pregnant with Akira Ioane's octuplets by the end of this game.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
da9f7fb1f77398f6e914041b20f60b2f.jpg

Rieko Ioane departs the Blues compound on matchday
morning, bound for Eden Park.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
T-minus 2 hours for ignition sequence start on Blues 2021 Apollo Jailbreak Torchpass 2000

Boosters, stable.

Valves, stable.

Weather's looking real nice up here Houston, all systems are a go.

675318041nasa-shuttle-taking-off-gif.gif

Houston: "Checking command modules..."
Dismal: "GO"
W.Oldboy: "55% GO"
KiwiM: "GO"
Z.Ero: "GO"
Cyclo: "Why do I continually get tagged into these silly little launch sequen
Dan54: "GO"

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
haha roidrage Codie taylor. Cantabs again backing themselves to infringe with impugnity and rack up enough points anyway.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Got them under a warning already, so would say that's a strategic win from the battle at the scrum.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Last pass forward.

Now I'm biased af, but I think Clarke facing backwards makes it look horrendously forward live (which I was also sure it was). As it is, I wouldn't say it's clear and obvious in either direction so could only ever be that the officials decide on-field. Fortunately for the Blues they awarded it, but really should've been looked at by the officials rather than the Crusaders having to ask and lose.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rieko butchered a try and nearly butchered that one too. He still looks like a winger playing 13 to me.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jeez Mo'unga just needs to shave 5m off those long penalty kicks. It's never worth trying to grain an extra 5m at the risk of losing 20 when it doesn't go out and the opposition return it downfield.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shaping up as a classic moment of magic/ moment of madness second 40.

Gibson gone which is a bonus for my lot, I feel. Edit: hope he's OK, of course.

Slowly building the lead I believe they'll need in last quarter.