• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dan Palmer's grandfather, Harold.

O

Old Timer

Yeh but we have Kingston on the verge of proffesionalism, Foley basically there and marked as a leader and McCabe who can make it as a wallaby maybe, as well as Jono Owen in the brumbie runners and a couple of others around below that.

I wouldn't remember many, I only graduated 08.

all good news - Aloys always punches above its weight - left in 08? I reckon I'd know a lot of your class mates.

Anyway, enough of the Aloys love fest, what above those Palmers - fantastic story. It's always amazed me how some families create a sporting dynasty - obviously the genes - but it really adds character and history to the game.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
and most of my classmates would think I'm strange and annoying...

I think its not only the genes in families, but the enthusiasm for the sports and sporting achievements, as well as support in pursuing those achievements.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Harold ‘Hadja’ Palmer was born in 1931 and died in 2008. He played for Port Kembla Surf Rugby Club.

He represented Illawarra in 13 consecutive Country Week carnivals between 1956 and 1968. As you suggest, wamberal, the Waratahs site lists him as only playing once for the State, but my recollection was that he played more games than that. He certainly represented NSW Country for many years.

In surf lifesaving he was an outstanding surf and belt race competitor, representing New South Wales in 1954, 1955 and at the Olympic Surf Carnival held in Torquay Victoria in 1956. He won the Australian Interstate Belt Race in 1955

Interesting comments from an old stalwart about Dan Palmer's grandfather. His dad was a pretty good player as well.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Interesting comments from an old stalwart about Dan Palmer's grandfather. His dad was a pretty good player as well.

You tricked me Wamberal.

Actually thought for a brief minute this was a new thread relating to the more recent Dan Palmer article.

Nealy 10 years old that thread, very amusing reading.

Miss some of those old posters, Lee Grant et al, where ever you are, trust the rugby is to your liking