• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Daniel Morcombe

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Ladies and Gents,

A bit of a dark post here, but I just wanted to say how sad and relieved I am for the family of young Daniel.

I have a 13 year old son as well, and the thought of him going off to by us some Chrissy presents and then dropping off the map for 8 years would be a deal breaker for me; especially given we roughly know how horrible his last hours would have been.

Anyway, I just wanted to personally acknowledge the Morcombe family today and let them know that a stranger on a rugby forum has been feeling their pain.

RIP Daniel. Finally.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Top shelf post Daz. May they be able to put his soul to rest with the dignity deserved.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well said, Daz. My young bloke's almost exactly the same age as Daniel, the major difference is he's an alive, fit and well 20 year old. Times like this should make us appreciate our children and love them even more and not take them for granted.

Without being morbid, let's hope the search turns up a bit more than three bones and a pair of shoes; it would be comforting to have most of Daniel available for a funeral.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nice daz. I was living up the Sunshine Coast when this happened. Must've driven past under that bridge a couple of times a week. Lived within 20kms of where this all happened. It happened the year I had my first bub - a boy. I've followed the case closely. I was staggered when I heard that caught someone and bewildered when I heard that they had him pinned 2 weeks after Daniel went missing. I feel such mixed feelings for the family now they've confirmed the bone DNA, but in the end relief they can put their son to rest.

I've heard the story about how they pinned the suspect. Hollywood movie stuff. I won't say it here as the case is still to be heard, but hopefully it comes out. Credit to the QLD Police Force (with support from their interstate colleagues).

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I hope this brings some closure for the family. Over the last 8 years they have gone to so much effort to keep the story in the public's mind. Bruce Morcombe has show such strength throughout this whole ordeal. He is truly inspirational.

Bob Atkinson should also be mentioned as he seems to have played a key role in the police investigation and I have heard that he was not going to retire until the case was solved.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very glad that this case has been solved and hopefully justice will be done come the trial.

Bruce and Denise have been pillars of strength and deserve the chance for a final goodbye, if put in that situation I doubt many of us would have had half the composure they have shown for the past 8 years. Due to the publicity and constant following of the case I would love to see a state funeral, I think it's very much on the cards and would be a fitting farewell for a boy who entered our homes all those years ago and has been an inspiration to many.

Well done to all involved, let's hope the prosecution gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.