• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Di Venuto appointed as Australian batting coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know about everyone else, but I quite like this appointment. Although he never played any tests for Australia, he was a mainstay in the Tassie batting order for ages. He has extensive county experience too.

Story here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/602967.html

I always thought he was a solid batsmen, and hopefully can put some good work into our batsmen.

On another note, old DK Lillee has been appointed as a fast bowling advisor. Given his pedigree as both a player and a coach, this is a positive step. Although De Winter is still the bowling coach, I would expect someone of Lillee's personality to really get our bowlers working properly.

Incidentally, I was thinking about this very issue the other night. Our bowlers were on fire last year when Billy was the bowling coach, but they have recently slipped back into some bad habits. I would think that Dizzy Gillespie would make for an excellent bowling coach. If only we could pry him away from the head coach job at Yorkshire!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow, DI venuto scores 60 fc centuries and averages 46 but never gets a test. How times have changed. I have no idea of his coaching ability but he has a big task ahead of him.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tell me about it. If there was a batsman floating about in shield at the moment with those figures, he would be drafted into the test side post haste.

Status
Not open for further replies.