• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Disco's Wallabies player ratings Bledisloe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
15. Beale (0) Yes actually zero he did nothing good in this game at all.
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (4) dropped a high ball but otherwise did nothing wrong.
13. Horne (5) Actually finished the game pretty strong.
12. Fainga'a (2) He's actually a pretty good super rugby player.
11. Ioane (7) Was good did nothing wrong & went hard all night was let down by Beale with the Jane try.
10. Barnes (5) Poor passing game is better at 12 but otherwise did alright.
9. Genia (4) Passing game was also poor made 1 good break but otherwise did nothing.
8. Higginbotham (1) dropped balls & missed tackles that's all I saw from him.
7. Pocock (3) All Blacks played away from him & when he tried to make something happen he gave away penalties & for the 1st time also slipped off tackles.
6. Dennis (5) Did nothing wrong but didn't really see him.
5. Sharpe (8) Aussie's best on ground had a very good game in a poor team.
4. Timani (6) He was actually pretty good tonight but needs to get lower in contact.
3. Kepu (4) Scrummed well but was pretty poor around the paddock.
2. TPN (4) scrummed well, threw well but like Kepu was poor around the paddock.
1. Robinson (3) He's just not the same player as 08/09.

Res: Moore (3) Our scrum was weaker or the AB's got better with Franks coming on. Also missed 1st up tackles.
Res: Samo - No rating
Res: Simmons - No rating

Deans(2) Picked a defensive team that couldn't defend 1 on 1, didn't defend well as a unit, can't find ways to create quick ball & for some reason can't catch & pass now.

DownsSupporter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Disco, I think that is a pretty fair assessment. Its tough when your best is a 34 year old heading into retirement; more worrying is the fact he is the one that showed the most intensity and passion

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Harsh call for Ant Fainga'a. Marto stated he was OUTSTANDING postmatch. And that guy is an authority. o_O

It was a tough day at the office at 12/13, but it wasn't a surprising performance. For the most part, they tackled Nonu and SBW, which is pretty much why they were picked. Neither made a lot of impact carrying. Horne rivals AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for sticky fingers, he ends a lot of movements.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
15. Beale (0) Yes actually zero he did nothing good in this game at all.

Getting in the clear of the Carter charge down and passing perfectly to Higgers who knocked on? Getting his finger on the ball between Money Bill and Jane with the line open?

Granted he had a bad game but those are two good things.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
8. Higginbotham (1) dropped balls & missed tackles that's all I saw from him.
7. Pocock (3) All Blacks played away from him & when he tried to make something happen he gave away penalties & for the 1st time also slipped off tackles.
3. Kepu (4) Scrummed well but was pretty poor around the paddock.
1. Robinson (3) He's just not the same player as 08/09.
I think these all deserve the same rating, nut should it be a (1) or a (4) or somewhere in between? I thought they were all average.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Beale didn't look match fit and probably shouldn't have been picked but I'spose they had to gamble that he'd come good. They lost.

Too much on his shoulders anyway as the only real playmaker out there. He got swallowed up and smashed. Quade needs to start next week.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Harsh call for Ant Fainga'a. Marto stated he was OUTSTANDING postmatch. And that guy is an authority. o_O

It was a tough day at the office at 12/13, but it wasn't a surprising performance. For the most part, they tackled Nonu and SBW, which is pretty much why they were picked. Neither made a lot of impact carrying. Horne rivals AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for sticky fingers, he ends a lot of movements.
Typical Marto bullshit. Horne and Fainga'a tackled well, a core duty, but brought little else, which we all kind of knew beforehand. We need something more, but I am not sure where we will get it at the moment. Tapuai needs fast-tracking.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Ant was solid, plenty of repeat efforts in defence, got stuck in at the breakdown, and was one of the few that actually held onto the ball and gave some midfield platform. Beale tried to do too much, and lacked the execution on most parts. Genia did as well as he could given what was around him. Robinson was poor. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was OK, Timani went OK too, he just needs more consistency.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kepu was one of our best I thought.
He looked to be cruising. A couple of times when he was second into the breakdown he just leaned onto it and we conceded the ball. He needs to use that bulk, get angry and start throwing some opposition players around. I should not single him out because the AB forwards were basically able to do as they liked at the breakdown without retribution.
If someone is in the way hit them hard so they think twice about sealing off the next time. He let at least a couple of opportunities to do so go begging.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
the scary thing is that I cant see any combination of replacements actually making a difference to us versus the All Blacks. I could suggest a number of changes, but I dont think it will make a difference. Unfortunately I think last night was about as good as it will get this season, lets hope it is enough against the Boks and Pumas

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I agree with liquorbox, how many of the starters last night would make a possibles/probables trial with the AB's?
QC (Quade Cooper) is the only one that will made a big impact.The problem with him is that can can single handed win or lose the game.
Given QC (Quade Cooper) was a rabbit in the spotlights last time they met, you can't blame RD being a bit circumspect with that selection.
Having said that,take KB (Kurtley Beale)'s errors out of the game and we are in it up to our ears.That's a big wrap on the squad, coach included.(if you agree the Wobs are generally inferior mam for man)

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok even now that I've calmed down I can give Beale and Fainga'a an extra 1 but Higgers stays.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I can't see how anyone was disappointed with A Finger.
We all knew before the game he had one KPI: stop/limit SBW.
He did a pretty good job I thought.
No one has ever accused him of being of being a threat with the ball in his hands.
Same as Horne, in what scenario was he ever going to be in a position with the ball in his hands with a teeny bit of time or space?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Fainga'a missed some important tackles early but was otherwise okay (Marto is a clown - outstanding my ass). Offers nothing at all in attack, but we knew he was there for defense. Horne was better, but only because he didn't make those early errors. The major problems with that centre combination is that a) they can't move it through the hands fast enough, and b) neither can kick at all. It meant that sometimes the ball had to travel 3 passes just to get a clearing kick.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fainga'a missed some important tackles early but was otherwise okay (Marto is a clown - outstanding my ass). Offers nothing at all in attack, but we knew he was there for defense. Horne was better, but only because he didn't make those early errors. The major problems with that centre combination is that a) they can't move it through the hands fast enough, and b) neither can kick at all. It meant that sometimes the ball had to travel 3 passes just to get a clearing kick.

A) Barnes included I think next week we need Cooper for a couple of good reasons.

1. Th All Blacks will be worried about his wide passing game.
2. Our Forwards can then look to get over the advantage line & produce quick ball with pick & drives & running as pods.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Disco, our forwards have needed to do your second point for ages. They almost never do. It is a glaring difference to the ABs. If they did that, even Barnes would look more threatening in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.