• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Domestic Cricket Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I really do have a soft spot for the Shield, the Big Bash and the domestic 1 dayers.

Its all started again for season 2009/10.

The first split innings 1 dayer last week between the Bulls and the Tigers, ended a cracker thanks to Nathan Rimmington (one of the best 1 day bowlers in Oz I reckon) smacking a few around late in the innings.

The Shield game between the two has been rained out unfortunately, with bugger all cricket.

NSW are playing SA at the moment and Usman Khawaja has cracked a big ton. I reckon he'll be in the Oz team by the end of the Ashes. A superb player.

VIC are playing WA with the Ginger Andrew MacDonald smashing 163 odd from 116 and then Darren Pattison tearing through the Warriors to have 4 for 18!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really do have a soft spot for the Shield, the Big Bash and the domestic 1 dayers.

Its all started again for season 2009/10.

The first split innings 1 dayer last week between the Bulls and the Tigers, ended a cracker thanks to Nathan Rimmington (one of the best 1 day bowlers in Oz I reckon) smacking a few around late in the innings.

The Shield game between the two has been rained out unfortunately, with bugger all cricket.

NSW are playing SA at the moment and Usman Khawaja has cracked a big ton. I reckon he'll be in the Oz team by the end of the Ashes. A superb player.

VIC are playing WA with the Ginger Andrew MacDonald smashing 163 odd from 116 and then Darren Pattison tearing through the Warriors to have 4 for 18!

You forgot to mention the fact Nic Maddison became the youngest ever to score on debut in the Shield...I expect big things from him, bigger than Phil Hughes...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You forgot to mention the fact Nic Maddison became the youngest ever to score on debut in the Shield...I expect big things from him, bigger than Phil Hughes...

I didn't forget him. I neglected him. Just another Blue Boom batsman. Like Phil Jacques et al. "Bigger than Phil Hughes" you say? Hmmmm, my point exactly....

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn't forget him. I neglected him. Just another Blue Boom batsman. Like Phil Jacques et al. "Bigger than Phil Hughes" you say? Hmmmm, my point exactly....

Phil Jacques has been suffering back problems and if my memory serves me right, he had to pull out of the Australian Test team and has not been able to get back in since then...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Khawaja is finally out for 214, great knock but can't say I've heard of any South Aus bowler..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Khawaja is finally out for 214, great knock but can't say I've heard of any South Aus bowler..

yeah, you're right. That SA attack is fairly anonymous. Ben Edmondson was a former Bull who moved West and did ok, then obviously moved south this year. The rest are unknowns or 1 day bowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.