• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dont mic up the haka!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
G'day to you all!

I implore the moderators of this forum NOT to move this thread to the 'Drown out the Haka' thread.

I am requesting your assistance in this campaign to the Australian Rugby Union. If you are with me, follow the directions below. Cut and Paste below and email to your fellow Wallaby fans. Or maybe even a more personal approach!

Go to this website address and send the following email to the Australian Rugby Union.

http://www.rugby.com.au/ContactUs.aspx

Dear ARU,

Can you please not mic up the Haka at the match at Suncorp Stadium on the 27th of August. I do not want to hear the Haka resonate throughout the stadium and thus give the New Zealand Rugby team a lift against our Wallabies. This is a home game for our team and there is a lot at Stake!

Thanks for your consideration.

Yours in Rugby

If you use twitter let them know via @QantasWallabies

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
of course the amplifying is done for the audience...
but whos gunna get the bigger lift if the haka is drowned out
it was a sight to see in south africa

A

antipodean

Exactly. I am Australian and have seen it many times. Why should we mic it up for Kiwi fans such as yourself?
They aren't amplifying it for my benefit - I've seen more hakas than you have. I'm not the one having a cry about it. I'd actually prefer they didn't do it here to see what else you'd have a fucking whinge about.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
They aren't amplifying it for my benefit - I've seen more hakas than you have. I'm not the one having a cry about it. I'd actually prefer they didn't do it here to see what else you'd have a fucking whinge about.

If you had to choose between the Haka and the anthem which one would you choose?

PS Can i get a contact for who you got your Crystal Ball from btw?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
This is getting boring now. I wish people would just shut up about the haka.

agreed
it's part of the game's history.
if the wallabies don't beat the all blacks because the ab's do the haka you have more serious things to worry about. that goes for any team.
if you think its only serves to jack up the kiwis at the expense of the wallabies(or whoever) you're off it. i faced a haka back in the day playing a touring kiwi team and I think anyone will agree, it does one of two things for the opposing team
1) nothing cause you think its dumb
2) gets you jacked up because you know these guys are challenging you. and you want to shove it down their throats.

if it makes you nervous and scared that the big bad all blacks are being mean to you then take the green and gold off and piss off.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
From the title of this thread I thought it was a plea from our Kiwi brothers not to try and sing over the top of it.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
agreed
It's part of the game's history.

If the Wallabies don't beat the All blucks because the ab's do the Haka you have more serious things to worry about. that goes for any team.

If you think its only serves to jack up the kiwis at the expense of the wallabies(or whoever) you're off it. I faced a haka back in the day playing a touring kiwi team and I think anyone will agree, it does one of two things for the opposing team

1) Nothing cause you think its dumb
2) Gets you jacked up because you know these guys are challenging you, and you want to shove it down their throats.

If it makes you nervous and scared that the big bad All Blucks are being mean to you then take the green and gold off and piss off.

I want to do whatever it takes to have them off their game from the start. It's a great start to have OUR crowd behind our boys. We want a big vocal crowd to let our boy's know we are behind them 100% the crowd plays an important part in any match i don't care what anyone says.

The Haka is just a catalyst to achieving this.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I want to do whatever it takes to have them off their game from the start. It's a great start to have OUR crowd behind our boys. We want a big vocal crowd to let our boy's know we are behind them 100% the crowd plays an important part in any match i don't care what anyone says.

The Haka is just a catalyst to achieving this.

I say good on ya mate. I actually think (from a Wallaby point-of-view of course) this a great idea. Get behind your boys, your team and give them every bit of support and help you can mate! If the ABs are good enough on the nite, they will win regardless.....if not - so be it!

I would actually love to see every Kiwi in the crowd actually stand and do the haka with the boys. There's a lot less room in the stands obviously BUT imagine all those kiwis joining in the challenge "Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!" with even just the arm actions would be pretty cool.

Then the Aussies singing Waltzing Matilda or something.....it'd be awesome!!

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I say good on ya mate. I actually think (from a Wallaby point-of-view of course) this a great idea. Get behind your boys, your team and give them every bit of support and help you can mate! If the ABs are good enough on the nite, they will win regardless.....if not - so be it!

I would actually love to see every Kiwi in the crowd actually stand and do the haka with the boys. There's a lot less room in the stands obviously BUT imagine all those kiwis joining in the challenge "Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!"

Then the Aussies singing Waltzing Matilda or something.....it'd be awesome!!

Kia Ora,

Thanks mate, that's all im trying to achieve!

It's great to see that not every Kiwi has a chip on their shoulder.

Chur Bro

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seriously, how many fucking haka threads do we need? This one makes it at least one too many. Plus, all it seems to be achieving is more spite and vitriol. It be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.