• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dr John Solomon OB-GYN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was just then wondering who was my current past Wallaby captain (above) in my avatar, and having speculated when I would get John Solomon as I knew he delivered me at the Royals Women's Hospital in Sydney eons ago...my dad introduced me afterwards to him in my early teens when we bumped to him at a beach, and Dad then told me all about him.

Anyone here that can claim the same? I suspect quite a few here in this forum have been born in Sydney and probably could have brought into this world by Dr Solomon.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's a great guy. My wife and his daughter are best friends. I don't share your distinction, though! Safe hands!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've updated the trophy description, reckon it'd be great to have more info about the past captains than just the computer generated stuff I've added in there so far

You have been awarded the rank of Dr John Solomon for making your 1,400th post. Dr John was the Wallabies 38th captain and played at Wing. He was Wallaby #366 and earnt 14 Caps in 1949-1955.

Dr John has since worked as an obstetrician in the Royals Women's Hospital in Sydney, if you were delivered by or have any other interesting information about Dr John, please share it here.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Top idea Moses - but where are the bios to have a look at?
Solomon played 5/8 and centre as well - in fact he played 5/8 and centre more than he played on the wing:
He played 14 tests - 2 on the wing, 2 at 5/8 and the rest in the centres.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
That's the hospital in Paddington isn't it? If that is the case he may very well have delivered me back in 1974!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Not any longer. It's now in The Prince of Wales Hospital campus at Randwick.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Moses, Chilla Wilson was also a gyno and obstetrician. Who says rugger buggers don't have a soft spot for the fairer sex?

Jim Lenehan played most of his rugby for the Tahs and Australia at fullback. He also had the rare distinction of playing for TWO Waratahs teams: New South Wales and the mighty Wagga Waratahs.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Another tidbit:

Sir Nick Shehadie has coached a team that I know of...St John's College, Sydney Uni in mid 50's for the intercollegiate championship, my dad was part of the team, and still has the team photos with Sir Nick in it.

Dad still keeps in touch with him, he's a very lovely man, always has time for everyone.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Moses, Chilla Wilson was also a gyno and obstetrician. Who says rugger buggers don't have a soft spot for the fairer sex?

Jim Lenehan played most of his rugby for the Tahs and Australia at fullback. He also had the rare distinction of playing for TWO Waratahs teams: New South Wales and the mighty Wagga Waratahs.

Jim Lenehan held the GPS shot put record from 1956 til around mid 90s or later...the distance was subsequently seen as on par with Beamon's long jump in 1968 in terms of relative galacticial achievement...it took another bloke from his same school to finally break it!

Status
Not open for further replies.