1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drugs in sport

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by barbarian, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

and we worry about Barry O'Farrell and one $3000 bottle of wine equalling corruption.

$135k pa tax free for doing SFA, from money we have provided from our hard work. That is just shy of 4 cases of 1959 Grange.

45 Barry O'Farrells EVERY YEAR.
  2. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

All that after smearing the name of all Australian sport in the "worst day in Australian sporting history" or some bollocks. Jesus wept.
  3. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

Fox Sports TV is reporting that Stephan Dank has been cleared by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal over allegations related to Thymosin Beta-4, although the Anti-Doping Tribunal will be conducting a hearing on sanctions to be held on May 5 into the 10 charges they found him guilty on.

Full Tribunal Decision is at the bottom of this Herald Sun Article.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t-on-all-charges/story-fni5f22o-1227308267217
  4. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

Palest grey day in oz sport
    couldabeen and Hugh Jarse like this.
  5. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

6. Starry Frank Row (1)

im not 4 drugs :)
  7. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

8. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

FINA dismissed it because they thought she only cheated a little bit?
  9. fatprop David Wilson (68)

10. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

^ that's what I was talking about.
  11. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

The real travesty is that it will be hard to say who sold her what foodstuff the night before the test and contaminated her sample.
    However difficult that will be to make out I see that swimming australia has begun laying the necessary groundwork.
  12. formerflanker Bob Davidson (42)

Good grief. A swimmer is tested positive TWO YEARS ago, one body says the traces are too small to pursue, then another body steps in only now?
    Any wonder all athletes are confused about the rules, policies and procedures surrounding drugs.
  13. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

14. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

AFL means business by only punishing an unregistered, unaffiliated individual?
    How can he be banished but the coach who appointed & supervised him remains in his position with an extended contract?
  15. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^^^^ if Dank appeals he'll have surely have to reveal the contents of the various files that he's so far refused to. Therein will lie proof of Hird's guilt. It's probably gonna take another year minimum (possibly less if WADA's appeal of the non-banning of the players succeeds & one or more of them start talking) but I reckon they'll get their man in the end.
  16. Runner Nev Cottrell (35)

I suspect that Hird was only banned because of WH&S in that players were not adequately informed of the processes. If Dank has not been proven to given anyone a banned substance then the AFL will lose the court case and then the real legal fun will begin for them.
    All this when Gallen comes off and the TV commentators say he is getting a needle to play on in the State of Origin. So without the needle he would not be able to play. Is that not performance enhancing?
  17. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

I'm stunned. Who would have thought doping was prevalent in Athletics?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/athletics/33749208
  18. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

19. Highlander35 Paul McLean (56)

17 still currently playing AFL. 12 of whom are still at Essendon.

Suggesting Bans will end in November due to previous time served.
  20. Tex Ken Catchpole (46)

All 34 are banned from football, irrespective of club or league.

I'm a life long Bomber fan and this is just another kick in the guts. Sadly I suspect the worst is to come. The club and players have held it together somewhat over the last three years, but now class actions will start flowing and what's left of 'club fabric', ethos and history will be shredded.

Fuck Hird, fuck Little, fuck Thompson. Fuck the lot of them.

Fuck.