• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drugs in sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and we worry about Barry O'Farrell and one $3000 bottle of wine equalling corruption.

$135k pa tax free for doing SFA, from money we have provided from our hard work. That is just shy of 4 cases of 1959 Grange.

45 Barry O'Farrells EVERY YEAR.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
All that after smearing the name of all Australian sport in the "worst day in Australian sporting history" or some bollocks. Jesus wept.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The real travesty is that it will be hard to say who sold her what foodstuff the night before the test and contaminated her sample.
However difficult that will be to make out I see that swimming australia has begun laying the necessary groundwork.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good grief. A swimmer is tested positive TWO YEARS ago, one body says the traces are too small to pursue, then another body steps in only now?
Any wonder all athletes are confused about the rules, policies and procedures surrounding drugs.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
AFL means business by only punishing an unregistered, unaffiliated individual?
How can he be banished but the coach who appointed & supervised him remains in his position with an extended contract?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ if Dank appeals he'll have surely have to reveal the contents of the various files that he's so far refused to. Therein will lie proof of Hird's guilt. It's probably gonna take another year minimum (possibly less if WADA's appeal of the non-banning of the players succeeds & one or more of them start talking) but I reckon they'll get their man in the end.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I suspect that Hird was only banned because of WH&S in that players were not adequately informed of the processes. If Dank has not been proven to given anyone a banned substance then the AFL will lose the court case and then the real legal fun will begin for them.
All this when Gallen comes off and the TV commentators say he is getting a needle to play on in the State of Origin. So without the needle he would not be able to play. Is that not performance enhancing?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm stunned. Who would have thought doping was prevalent in Athletics?

The investigation used two of the world's "foremost anti-doping experts", scientists Robin Parisotto and Michael Ashenden, to review the data. The files belong to world governing body the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), but have been leaked by a whistleblower.

According to the experts, the database reveals:

A third of medals (146, including 55 golds) in endurance events at the Olympics and World Championships between 2001 and 2012 were won by athletes who have recorded suspicious tests. It is claimed none of these athletes have been stripped of their medals.
More than 800 athletes - one in seven of those named in the files - have recorded blood tests described by one of the experts as "highly suggestive of doping or at the very least abnormal".
A top UK athlete is among seven Britons with suspicious blood scores.
British athletes - including Olympic champion heptathlete Jessica Ennis-Hill - have lost out in major events to competitors who were under suspicion.
Ten medals at London 2012 were won by athletes who have dubious test results.
In some finals, every athlete in the three medal positions had recorded a suspicious blood test.
Russia emerges as "the blood testing epicentre of the world" with more than 80% of the country's medals won by suspicious athletes, while Kenya had 18 medals won by suspicious athletes.
Stars such as Britain's Mo Farah and Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt recorded no abnormal results.
Athletes are increasingly using blood transfusions and EPO micro-doses to boost the red cell count.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/athletics/33749208

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
17 still currently playing AFL. 12 of whom are still at Essendon.

Suggesting Bans will end in November due to previous time served.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
All 34 are banned from football, irrespective of club or league.

I'm a life long Bomber fan and this is just another kick in the guts. Sadly I suspect the worst is to come. The club and players have held it together somewhat over the last three years, but now class actions will start flowing and what's left of 'club fabric', ethos and history will be shredded.

Fuck Hird, fuck Little, fuck Thompson. Fuck the lot of them.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.