• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dwyer Looking To Buy Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, we'd need two fucking jars wouldn't we? Then we could have a race to see who is the bigger fluffybunny.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bob buying the Tahs? Not sure how that'd work out given I've disagreed with some things he's put up lately. I'm giving away a few decades in rugby experience at the top level, but I'm down with being right nearly all the time so it'll be a hard slog.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the Wicks consortia missed out on a NRC licence/franchise and thought "WTF? Sulking is for pussies. Let's go to the next level, and bypass the bloody NRC. That will teach the bastards for ignoring our NRC bid."

Edit: And a big up yours to the Camperdown Corporation. "If you want to play for the Tahs, then the Pathway to Gold, goes through Green, Galloping Green"

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
good stuff. Might make it easier to get a Tah on the podcast.

Seriously though, this is massive news isn't it? The Tahs going into private ownership. You'd worry if it wasn't someone with rugby in his blood like Bob, wouldn't you? Or is it better to have someone a bit removed?

fun and games hey! I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Tahs going into private ownership. You'd worry if it wasn't someone with rugby in his blood like Bob, wouldn't you? Or is it better to have someone a bit removed?

Politics and NSW Rugby are joined at the anus. I don't think it'll produce anything different to what we've seen so far, though maybe the sheer incompetence will just be replaced with regular incompetence... or incontinence...

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I've heard dodgy things though about some people involved in this, but then again, it seems you hear dodgy things about everyone these days. As Pfitzy said. Politics.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Bob buying the Tahs? Not sure how that'd work out given I've disagreed with some things he's put up lately. I'm giving away a few decades in rugby experience at the top level, but I'm down with being right nearly all the time so it'll be a hard slog.

Bob's a wily writer who knows how to throw the cat amongst the pigeons (the pigeons being us).

He could be just the bloke to sort out the spongers and assorted farts of all ages in and around the Tahs.

His consortium certainly breathed life into Narbonne. A bit of a "Moneyball" operation.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
The SMH article mentions building the grass routes level as the key to success, I think we all agree to that. But how can you do this by if you only have the licence to the Tahs.
What rights or say over the NSWRU, SRU and NSWJRU would you have? I think none. They get their $1.5 mil each year to spend as they see fit.
Maybe he's thinking to go clean around them, but how?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Super Rugby teams do a huge amount of community engagement etc. so potentially he thinks this can be done better and better targetted to improve grassroots interest etc.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The SMH article mentions building the grass routes level as the key to success, I think we all agree to that. But how can you do this by if you only have the licence to the Tahs.
What rights or say over the NSWRU, SRU and NSWJRU would you have? I think none. They get their $1.5 mil each year to spend as they see fit.
Maybe he's thinking to go clean around them, but how?

It would be hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job of running rugby the the NSWRU and it's varying sub-committees.

Status
Not open for further replies.