• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Eddie Jones Stormers, No, Wait, England coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Will he still be coaching the Stormers next year? Reports that he is the new England coach with an announcement imminent.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Will he still be coaching the Stormers next year? Reports that he is the new England coach with an announcement imminent.

IN that case, I doubt it.

However, if he left Japan because he was tired of bureaucracy, then he's going the wrong direction.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Former Wallaby coach, Alan Jones, on radio this morning, speaking about Eddie Jones coaching England: "Eddie Jones! Eddie Jones! The guy's a control-freak. People who worked with him ended up having nervous breakdowns, but I wont say any more about that. He sent the Reds into the pits, winning only two matches................ He couldn't coach a pig to get dirty"!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
For the first time ever I agree with Alan jones.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder how far down the list of preferred candidates Eddie was?

Graham Henry, Wayne Smith, Jake White, Warren Gatland, Nick Mallet, Michael Cheika, Blind Freddy, Bob Dwyer, Richard Graham, Eddie Jones.

That's my guess.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i continue to wonder about all the crap that goes on about Eddie. He coached an ageing Wallabies to a RWC final (against all predictions), he was heavily involved with a RWC winning Springbok team and did a great job with Japan. He was pants at the Reds but so was everybody else around that time and save for Ewen McK everyone since!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i continue to wonder about all the crap that goes on about Eddie. He coached an ageing Wallabies to a RWC final (against all predictions), he was heavily involved with a RWC winning Springbok team and did a great job with Japan. He was pants at the Reds but so was everybody else around that time and save for Ewen McK everyone since!

He's also won a Super Rugby title, the Bledisloe, and a Tri Nations series........

So his record is far more impressive than say.... Link.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'd swap him for RG in less than a heart beat.

Bad news for the Stormers, and the sweetener fee sounds paltry.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
He's also won a Super Rugby title, the Bledisloe, and a Tri Nations series....

So his record is far more impressive than say.. Link.

He was also in charge for one of the darkest periods of Australian forward development.

Seems like a smart move by Jones, the RFU are desperate, they'll throw whatever money he wants and after a year of not getting the results they'll sack him and he'll be paid out in full.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Former Wallaby coach, Alan Jones, on radio this morning, speaking about Eddie Jones coaching England: "Eddie Jones! Eddie Jones! The guy's a control-freak. People who worked with him ended up having nervous breakdowns, but I wont say any more about that. He sent the Reds into the pits, winning only two matches...... He couldn't coach a pig to get dirty"!!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
so Eddie's lack of interest in the scrum will deprive the poms of the one thing they had going for them

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

He followed Rod Macqueen at both the Brumbies and the Wallabies and, frankly, brought nothing new to a very successful table.

His singlehanded destruction of the Reds is the worst example of terrible coaching in thw history of the game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I wonder how Eddie's coaching by numbers will go down with English players, I not rubbishing Eddie, but I do tend to think he coaches a very systems type of game!

Status
Not open for further replies.