• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Had a look on the ticketek site last night. Certainly looks to be at least 90% sold. there are a handful of nose bleed sections that still have large portions of empty seats but other than that every section is 99% full. given that the people of Brisbane are notorious for waiting until the day to buy a ticket, I think there is a good chance they break the 50k mark! exciting stuff.

A full Suncorp is up there with the world's best stadiums for atmosphere, plus it's likely to be by far the most parochial Wallaby crowd of the three. Exciting stuff indeed.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
A full Suncorp is up there with the world's best stadiums for atmosphere, plus it's likely to be by far the most parochial Wallaby crowd of the three. Exciting stuff indeed.

Is that because all of the soap dodgers who've escaped the motherland are living on the warm beaches SEQ has to offer? Or are you making us blush that after a few rumbo's we're the loudest bunch in Aus?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The current tickets sales according Ticketek website:

AAMI Park:

AAMI_Park_England_test.jpg

Allianz Stadium:

Allianz_stadium_England_test_2016.png

Suncorp Stadium:

Suncorp_Stadium_England_test_2016.jpg

Allianz looks pretty good. Suncorp is dissapointing. Where are the Reds supporters?

I'd say AAMI Park is 19k, Allianz is 38k and Suncorp is like 17k at the moment, looks like a Reds game in the last poor seasons

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd dispute that Suncorp map as I bought tickets two weeks ago and all I could get was 714.

It's been reported it's only a few thousand to go to a sell out

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
^ Yep, agreed. I bought some a couple of weeks back and many of those areas were sold out. Some were still available but only for one or two scattered seats.

Richard Tyrrell

Frank Row (1)

Hi Folks,
Is there anybody out there who could help a beleagured rugby supporter in England?
Unfortunately I cannot get to Australia for the test series in June as I am a school swimming teacher and if I don't get to the pool the kids don't get to swim.
What I am looking for is a kind Australian rugby supporter who might consider sending to me a programme from the three test matches Australia v England? I would obviously pay cost and postage, or could arrange an exchange of programmes for when Australia play at Twickenham later in the year.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Richard Tyrrell

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep happy to grab you a programme for the Bris Test as well just in case.

We got our seats in Aisle 339 when they sent on sale to Reds members - we had difficulty buying a block of seats then (7) but that's the way it always is when you want multiples.

Hopefully there's a good turn out - I hate it when it's "sold out" but all the stadium members don't show.....

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Allianz looks pretty good. Suncorp is dissapointing. Where are the Reds supporters?

I'd say AAMI Park is 19k, Allianz is 38k and Suncorp is like 17k at the moment, looks like a Reds game in the last poor seasons

Agree with the other guys MHCS re Suncorp. The map that shows up on the screen (which appears to show big parts of various sections as still available) is very misleading. I personally sat and looked through the various sections on offer and the large majority are 99% full. I'd estimate that there is about 45k sold.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Agree with the other guys MHCS re Suncorp. The map that shows up on the screen (which appears to show big parts of various sections as still available) is very misleading. I personally sat and looked through the various sections on offer and the large majority are 99% full. I'd estimate that there is about 45k sold.

I'd guess higher as at today. (Btw: The record crowd for Suncorp was 52,499 for BIL 1 2013, but SOO 2015 beat it out at 52,500 (funny about that perfect number). The Suncorp crowd for the Wallabies v England Test of June 2004 was 52,492.)

The complex part is that there are many sections (aside from Members') on Ticketek for this Test that have never been available and they are presumably UK and Intn agents and Aus agents and group sales, these have the potential for at least some 'returns of unsold' around now that then come back on Ticketek, although most of the UK-originating tours for these Tests are listed as sold out.

Assuming no significant levels of 'returns' and looking at the relatively small numbers of tickets available today - there are sporadic singles, very small clusters of Gold and a few Bronze clusters up on high (mostly in the Southern end), I'd say if the match was today the crowd would be close to 50,000.

Assuming more media attention in the next 10 days, a good walk-up crowd and good weather (Accuweather for June 11 extended forecast is for sunny and clear, 24 deg C), I'd say a sell-out for Suncorp is now more likely than not.

Which if so will of course ensure Brisbane has the biggest crowd of the series;).

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
What's the go with the ad' for the England tour of Australia?
One of the jokers is wearing a BIL top. Considering how few English players were in that team, it's an own-goal. The traditional England strip is white, not red, ffs.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, next week Suncorp has the Pommy test on Saturday, 11 June and SoO II the following Wednesday. Any predictions for the larger crowd?

Interesting things crowd numbers. Who're counted? Paying customers only? I'd imagine the players and match officials aren't for starters, but what about team officials? Coaches not but ancillary staff such as team managers and medicoes? VIP guests get a fancy neck pass a la the team/management/officials/members et al, are they included? And ground management/gate wallahs? What about the media? The bar staff probably aren't counted but what about the hired heavies? A sensible approach would probably be to include paying customers and members and VIP guests only in crowd figures.

corrected

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So, next week Suncorp has SoO II on Wednesday followed by the Pommy test on Saturday. Any predictions for the larger crowd?

Interesting things crowd numbers. Who're counted? Paying customers only? I'd imagine the players and match officials aren't for starters, but what about team officials? Coaches not but ancillary staff such as team managers and medicoes? VIP guests get a fancy neck pass a la the team/management/officials/members et al, are they included? And ground management/gate wallahs? What about the media? The bar staff probably aren't counted but what about the hired heavies? A sensible approach would probably be to include paying customers and members and VIP guests only in crowd figures.
Origin isn't until the 22nd but I'd say it will out draw the Wallabies match despite being priced significantly higher.

I know people who are waiting to see if they can get into the ground for Origin last minute in special standing only zones they set up for games now. Which is partly due to the prices the NRL are charging these days but they're really cashing in on a decade of sustained Queensland success.

The standing zones are also why the ground record attendances have been raised in the last couple years as they didn't have them previously.

Wallabies have a full squad signing session in the mall on Sunday to promote the Test but ARU probably should send around an email to remind/inform the masses about that.

http://www.aru.com.au/wallabies/FanZone/FanEvents.aspx

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Depends if they get Union or RL guys to count both games. I've been to Waratahs and Roosters games at the SFS on the same weekend and been amazed at the difference in the announced crowd between the two games based on my observations and I've been going to the SFS since it opened.

The Roosters and RL in general have this amazing ability to make 10K people look like 15-20K people. I'm sure the QRL will do likewise.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
you've clearly never been in a crowded enclosed space in England in Summer

or Autumn, Winter or Spring for that matter. I used to work with a chap who put on clean underwear and shirt every Sunday whether he needed it or not !

Cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.