• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England unveil the Hakarena to counter the All Blacks Haka

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Culturally insensitive. Only the english could be so boorish and ignorant and rude. Will they welcome Fiji,Tonga and Samoa the same way?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not a problem at all, supposed to be funny, and as Sully noted got Dawson still a wanker he always was. Quite sure there will be one or 2 will froth at mouth over it, but generally think most (like the ABs have already) will just shrug and say whatever:cool:. Interesting to see Pom press trying their hardest to get a bite out of ABs over it, but didn't work. I think Fitzy's tongue in cheek bit in SMH probably shows Poms the way to have a bit of humour!!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
It's not a big drama. I won't be losing sleep. Just makes them look like cocks.
Pathetic of the news reporters trying to manufacture outrage and drama. Sorry lads, we are here for the rugby.

One of our radio announcers said today "We should dress up like morris dancers and leap around like a bunch of twats. Oh. But that's the point isn't it?"

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Kiwi's have short memories and don't know how the actual All Blacks used to treat the haka.

Skip to 1:03

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kiwi's have short memories and don't know how the actual All Blacks used to treat the haka.

Eh? It's fairly well known in New Zealand that is was a bit of a joke before Shelford's ultimatum.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

So what's your point?
We are all well aware earlier teams did not have the same understanding of the Haka, or probably the training. I am not sure if this is what you are implying, but what they did not do was set out to take the piss out of it. They just were not very good at it.

This attempt is just Dawson trying to be funny and the UK media hoping for a story. Its pretty cringeworthy stuff really (same as the 1973 version).Its pretty amazing to see how it has grown as a spectacle since 1973.

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
Gee they're insecure enough about their place in the world already.:eek:

Already turning into an interesting World Cup.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The funniest bit was how they avoided using the actual macarena music. They most be expecting to earn some coin from it and don't want to get sued.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Skip to 1:03

Like a lot of things in rugby (i.e. the scrum), the haka has acquired a status not based on historical fact.

This is not to say that it's not a very significant part of the Maori culture, which it is, just that its rugby manifestation hasn't always been what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.