1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v NZ & Aust 2015

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Quick Hands, May 24, 2015.

1. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Fanstastic double century to Smith and we're motoring along at 5/500. Impressed by Nevill so far. Clarke or Voges need to score more than they did. At least M Marsh wasn't out lbw plonking the left pad down the line of off stump. Broad bowled a very good spell.
    Sully likes this.
  2. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

Did he get out plumb & then waste an appeal?
    Quick Hands likes this.
  3. ACT Crusader Jim Lenehan (48)

Well done to Nevill, made 45 on debut. Good low catch by Moin.

The two Mitchell's should open the shoulders here
  4. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Australia 8 dec/566 and we have England on the ropes at 4/85.
  5. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Off to Lords in the morning. Hopefully I can get the technology gods to align so I can post a picture here.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
  6. Train Without a Station Steve Williams (59)

He's only bowled 2 overs but hopefully marsh can maintain his economy rate. Take a couple of wickets and he'll really offer more value than Watson.
  7. Lindommer Steve Williams (59)

Marsh bowled two overs in England's first innings, one of them a maiden. If every second over he bowls is a maiden he'll do me.
  8. Train Without a Station Steve Williams (59)

He's bowled 2 overs of 29. I'm not surprised. The bowlers have had hardly any overs themselves yet. Not much need for your all rounder when your strike bowlers are still fresh.

He'll get his chance to show his value with the ball tomorrow.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  9. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

The great thing about batting for most of the first 2 days and getting the opposition in for an hour or so at the end of day 2 is that your front line bowlers can have one short spell at full intensity and then start fresh again the next day.
  10. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

uploadfromtaptalk1437209914473.jpg

Here I am for Day 3 with the members' pavilion in the background. Go the Aussies!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Garry Owens, Sully, RugbyReg and 6 others like this.
  11. Lindommer Steve Williams (59)

Marsh now has a maiden AND a wicket to his credit, Watson's a distant memory in Mitch's rear view mirror.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  12. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

And he just got Cook out for 96! How good.
  13. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

England all out 312 -all of the bowlers contributed. M Marsh 2/23.

Follow-on not enforced (wisely IMO) and we are 0-108 at stumps, leading by 362, with 10 second innings wickets in hand and 2 days to play. It doesn't get much better than this.:)
    Sandpit Fan and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  14. Train Without a Station Steve Williams (59)

I think Marsh has done his job. But offered very much what Watson does but gets derided for.

But he offered exactly what we need from our all-rounder. Plus we don't know what his instructions were when he went out to bat. For all we know he was told to chase quick runs.
    barbarian likes this.
  15. Lindommer Steve Williams (59)

Agree with Clarkie's wisdom, there, QH, push England's second innings as far back as possible. BUT, always gotta take rain into account in England. Probably should declare about 400/420 in front about lunch fourth day, plenty of time for Lyon and Smith to trundle down their tweakers.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  16. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

I reckon that's right. Go out and slog for 2 hours and give ourselves 5 sessions to get them out.
  17. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Yep, concur with that. Get 'em in after lunch.
  18. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Cricket back on GEM tonight. It's a better picture so not complaints from me.

Hopefully channel 9 lose the sound in transmission - Brett Lee has seemingly done the impossible and is more irritating than Taylor, Warne and Healy. These guys weren't so bad when they had Richie, Chappelli, Bill and Tony in control, now it's just like schoolboys talking about finding a case of beer on a Saturday night. Just shut up guys if you can't say anything insightful about what is actually happening on the field.
  19. Sandpit Fan Nev Cottrell (35)

So 10 minutes batting for the poms before lunch and 509 to get. Hope the bowlers get stuck in early, gives them 5 sessions to to survive for the draw.
  20. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

England 0/7 at lunch chasing 509. We have 5 sessions to take 10 wickets. Rain would be the most likely obstacle to an Australian victory, can't see England holding out for that long. Cook will be the big wicket, he scores highly in the 2nd innings of matches and is capable of batting for 5 sessions.