• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v NZ & Aust 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WI v Aust rather than England, but Rogers is out of the first test due concussion after being hit on the head in the nets. Reports are that Shaun Marsh will open the batting. Does that leave a spot down the list for either Mitchell or Voges?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dashboard summary now reads " NZ need 6 wickets" not "England need xyz runs" which is always a good sign...... in saying that Cook & Stokes pretty much won the Lord's Test on Day 4 so need one've them back in the hutch ASAP.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done Kiwi's. Williamson has a golden arm. Also, what a gem Watling has proven to be.

Definitely did a good job softening the Poms up for the Ashes. Apart from Root's form and capt Cook's resurgence, they're no stronger than last series. In fact, their bowling has probably gone backwards.

Any idea who hit Rogers? My money is on Johnson.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ should won it 2-0, whoever told our blokes to keep bowling short & wide on Day 4 at Lord's needs an appointment with Gunston Urology...........

image.jpg

That said 1-1 should help our ICC rating*, pretty sure we lost badly last tour. And yes, 2-Test "series" are bullshit & should be done away with.

EDIT: *it turns out we actually drop to 4th, "overtaken" by India who AFAIK haven't played of late..........

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/201...w-zealand-slips-to-fourth-england-stays-fifth

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
NZ 6/398 from 50 overs. England 9/365 from 46 overs. Rain delay shortened the match and NZ win by 13 runs by D/L method.

Boundary ropes in a ridiculous distance.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Came across this photo on foxsports today.

If ever there was an illustration of two careers taking completely different paths, this may well be it.

If you had suggested back in 2010 that one of these men would be our ODI and future test captain and world's best in his position, most would have thought you were talking about Paine.

Steve Smith's rise has been incredible, well done on becoming #1 test batsman and long may he reign.

Attachments

• 806766-9c6e4376-1314-11e5-97cb-591a1d9825c0.jpg
    806766-9c6e4376-1314-11e5-97cb-591a1d9825c0.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 272

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Absolutely. I thought that Smith was picked far too young at the time and didn't know what kind of player he wanted to be. He then went back to Shield cricket, worked on his batting and moved up the order. When he came back into the side in 2013 he was a much better player and looked to have developed a bit of Steve Waugh about him. He's a super player now and I couldn't be more stoked.

On the other hand, I'm bitterly disappointed for Tim Paine. He could have been a serious player for Australia, but his hand injuries cooked him as far as that goes. I gather he even struggles to get a game for Tassie now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Absolutely. I thought that Smith was picked far too young at the time and didn't know what kind of player he wanted to be.

What do you mean? He was Australia's 8th attempt at finding the next Shane Warne.

I'm pretty sure that once he works out his leg spin, he'll drop down to the tail and just focus on his bowling. ;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's very, very promising to see Starc and Hazlewood bowling so well. We've had a platoon of fast bowlers line up for Oz these last few years, only for some to go down with injury (Pattinson, Cummins and Harris), lose form (Hilfenhaus and Siddle) or disappear (Copeland and Bird). Even Johnson's had a few wobbles. I wouldn't like to be a selector for the first Pommy test when/if Harris bowls well, a nice problem to have. I sincerely hope the selectors have told Starc he's a monte for at least four tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.