• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v NZ & Aust 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm more than happy if an opener can score 50 each time he goes out to bat. Naturally it would be good if he could some of them into centuries, but it's not the end of the world. At least he got out to a good ball and the Poms really had to earn his wicket. Smith, Clarke and Voges all got out to pretty ordinary shots.

T

Train Without a Station

If every batsman scored 50 each time they walked out to bat we'd be at 300 before the keeper got in.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Can't wait to see Australia show England what a wagging trail really looks like.

The last five out-scoring the first is something we're good at. Tipping MJ to make an impact with the bat.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ you wouldn't wanna be chasing more than ~320 if it keeps getting lower & slower at the current rate. Still, there's always the possibility of England's batting, bowling or both imploding 1980's-styles :)

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
We are in trouble. Need some thing special with the ball to get us back into it. Watson was a bad selection. He can't play the ball late, but that's what's needed to succeed with the ball swinging. Good bowling by the poms this morning. Barely a bad ball

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So it's Watto to the rescue with a well-compiled 80-odd then getting out to a dumb/ lazy shot......

Not quite - standard 30 and out lbw planting that big left foot on off stump. No doubt in my mind that M. Marsh should have been picked for this match. Still, Watson has 2nd innings with bat and ball to contribute. His wicket to wicket bowling could do some damage as this pitch seems to be playing lower and lower and he's a chance of trapping 2 or 3 lbw.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^^ you wouldn't wanna be chasing more than ~320 if it keeps getting lower & slower at the current rate. Still, there's always the possibility of England's batting, bowling or both imploding 1980's-styles :)

I think 250 might be difficult on this pitch batting last. Starc limping around on a dodgy ankle won't help - although he got Cook who always plays better in the 2nd innings. We've certainly missed Ryan Harris in this match.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not quite - standard 30 and out lbw planting that big left foot on off stump. No doubt in my mind that M. Marsh should have been picked for this match. Still, Watson has 2nd innings with bat and ball to contribute. His wicket to wicket bowling could do some damage as this pitch seems to be playing lower and lower and he's a chance of trapping 2 or 3 lbw.

Make that a well-compiled 30 the out to a 50/50 LBW. Thought he was far enough forward for it to be going OTT & possibly missing leg as well...

TBF I thought Watto was a tad unlucky to be given but them's the breaks, 4x Aus batsmen get to 30 & don't go on so one has to cop the shite & currently that's Watson

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
TBF I thought Watto was a tad unlucky to be given but them's the breaks, 4x Aus batsmen get to 30 & don't go on so one has to cop the shite & currently that's Watson

I've been fair and criticised them all - see post #121.:)

EDIT: And to be fair, the other 3 were all out to pretty sloppy shots whereas Watson was out to some good bowling)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Poms 2/22 and we're bowling really well. We need to keep this up; an old-fashioned England batting collapse not out of the question.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We are fully fucked. As usual I'm annoyed at Watson for doing what does every time: make a few and then get out. I'm just as annoyed at our batting though. Some poor shots and all of a sudden we're pretty much out of this game.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lead has extended over 200 and only 3 down. I'd say at most we can chase 300.

If Bell-Root partnership continues this match is dead and buried, we've got to get one or both and cheaply.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
England have steadied the ship and are 3/100 half and hour before tea. We're bowling much better than in the 1st innings but I fear that we'll end up having to chase to much to win. At this rate, England will be around 350 in front at stumps with 2 days to play.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So...... England have set a target of 412, which seems like an insurmountable score for the Aussies to chase down on this pitch.

We'd need Rogers, Warner, Smith, Clarke at the least - and hell, even Twatto - to make starts and go on to big scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.