• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg

Good points but will not happen in this lifetime

agree, the logistics involved in getting new uniforms and kit and pass ports for all these guys in bugger all time is bloody almost impossible. Particularly with no logistics manager anymore.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Going on the footage of the scrums, could we presume that Kepu will be rested for some tests, as Faulkner is the only change to what has been our first choice forward pack?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd considered English but don't see a need for him with Izzy, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Tomane and Speight there.

I like your squad mostly and I certainly like the underlying selection strategy. But wouldn't you think there'll be a third hooker on tour (Fainga'a), and I do think the lock and backline reserve spots are a bit thin. Maybe they need to take a couple more to be sure. I'd go with Fardy to cover lock and 6, and Lealiifano or Inman as extra cover in the centres.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I am looking at the EOYT and the thing that stands out to me is the potential for England to get thumped from Pillar-to-Post.. All Black Springboks, Oz, Samoa... Lots of opportunity for it to all go downhill from the outset...

Of course Wales and England will be "Putting their Stands Out" for the World Cup... We are shopping around for a New Wheelbarrow... Anyhow - look forward To much England pain in coming weeks. i see Wales as our Danger Game.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Who is Sexton? Is that the Rising hooker?

Also captained the Ireland u20's. Australian born so does not need time to qualify. AS highlander said technically very good but still needs work on open play. Very strong in the scrum and pretty good line out throw.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I had a mate who isn't a Union fan but kinda getting into it say oh our pools so tough we are screwed. Im like when was the last time Wales beat us.. England have and be tough and we will hammer Fiji. We will be fine

The problem is exactly; When was the last time we beat Wales... They are going to Win one soon - and we need to be bloody careful that it is not at the RWC....

For me - the next RWC will be about putting England out in the Pools - I can then pack up my chair and watch the rest of the tournament with a relaxed, easy-going smile.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The majority of the squad are already picked.

Go to ARU payroll department and see who is getting paid to play footy.

Ignore those on the books who are injured and there is 85% of the squad chosen.

Toss a coin for the last few positions.

In fact, why not approach the corporates and see if they are prepared to stump up some $ for naming rights to a position with a bonus that they get to select an individual for that position as well. The Bob Janes T Mart Hooker, The Michelin Tyres Tighthead, The Australian Scaffolds Lock etc.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
You'd think the Wallabies coach would have to be chosen today ifa squad is to be determined where they have time to pack their socks, kiss their girlfriends goodbye etc, before Friday departure.
I would say the squad is picked and is just awaiting the final nod from the new coach (as though we don't know who that will be).

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Probably a few extra nervous blokes at the moment, particularly if Cheika now has a say. Recjkon 90% certain but he will get to put a few smokeys in there as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely Cooper is exactly the sort of player Cheika would select.

Cheika values highly skilled players and those with a bit of X factor greatly.

I'd be surprised if there are any spectacular selections or omissions from the EOYT squad.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
KHunt for the EOYT as a development Work In Progress.

Cheika picked Big Fella Long Name from Mungo obscurity for the Tahs this year.

Taking KHunt would be good long term insurance policy against Team Rehab visiting Izzy.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
With Cheika coaching the Wallabies and Tah's is there any chance he may rest a few for the tour to make sure they are refreshed for Super rugby and the RWC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.