• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Saw that we were approaching the first round of the Rugby Championship and the GAGR league was not established, so I took the liberty of creating it.

League: Green and Gold Rugby
League code: 1462-3524

This is The Bairdy Bunch's year, mark my words. ;)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Springboks
1 Tendai Mtawarira
2 Bismarck du Plessis
3 Jannie du Plessis
4 Bakkies Botha
5 Lood de Jager
6 Francois Louw
7 Willem Alberts
8 Duane Vermeulen
9 Ruan Pienaar
10 Handré Pollard
11 Bryan Habana
12 Jean de Villiers (c)
13 Damian de Allende
14 Cornal Hendricks
15 Willie le Roux

Reserves:
16 Adriaan Strauss
17 Trevor Nyakane
18 Frans Malherbe
19 Eben Etzebeth
20 Marcell Coetzee
21 Francois Hougaard
22 Morné Steyn
23 Jan Serfontein

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Bairdy, is there a way to let them know that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't available as a centre selection..and to rectify that!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I haven't done any fantasy stuff for quite a while, which positions are the ones to stack with quality?

Until all the teams are released I'm not finalised, but I've invested a lot in the back row, outside backs, and at hooker.

Any tips?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
All Blacks announced

Ben Smith
Cory Jane
Conrad Smith
Ma’a Nonu
Julian Savea
Aaron Cruden
Aaron Smith
Kieran Read
Richie McCaw (capt)
Jerome Kaino
Sam Whitelock
Brodie Retallick
Owen Franks
Dane Coles
Wyatt Crockett

Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Joe Moody, Steven Luatua, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Malakai Fekitoa.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I haven't done any fantasy stuff for quite a while, which positions are the ones to stack with quality?

Until all the teams are released I'm not finalised, but I've invested a lot in the back row, outside backs, and at hooker.

Any tips?
Better off taking the advice of Benaud, who won the Fantasy Super Rugby comp this year. However, stacking the back row, outside backs, hooker and flyhalf are generally a good idea.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bairdy, is there a way to let them know that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't available as a centre selection..and to rectify that!
I guesss you got to hope foxsports rectify it, or you could drop an email to let them know.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was listed as an outside back all year in Super Rugby - probably won't change here. There are always a few out of position to make it interesting.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
yeah, it's not the end of the world, I had him penciled in at C though..and you aren't going to do yourself any favours picking a centre as an outside back..

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I emailed them anyway but it was a general enquiries email address so I suspect it will fall on deaf ears..

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah I suspect its too late.

Too many people will have already picked their teams with him at outside.

It does make it harder though. Especially with all the massive scoring outside backs and no real superstar centre options. He'd be a certainty if listed at centre but very hard to fit at outside.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Los Pumas
1- Marcos Ayerza
2 Agustin Creevy (captain)
3 Ramiro Herrera
4 Mariano Galarza
5- Thomas Lavanini
6- Paul Matera
7- Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe
8- Juan Manuel Leguizamón
9- Martin Landajo
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Manuel Montero
12- Juan Martín Hernández
13- Marcelo Bosch
14- Horacio Agulla
15- Joaquin Tuculet

Substitutions:
16- Matias Cortese
17- Paz Lucas Noguera
18- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
19- Matias Alemanno
20- Leonardo Senatore
21- Thomas Cubelli
22- Santiago González Iglesias
23- Lucas González Amorosino

rajibsajib

Frank Row (1)

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Guys, Lobbe or Vermuelen?

Vermuelen is calling springbok lineouts, presumably is the number 1 lineout target.

Status
Not open for further replies.