1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby Games 2016

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by KOB1987, Jan 13, 2016.

1. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

Happy new rugby season!

I've taken the liberty to set up a GAGR league on the Fantasy Rugby Draft site. Last year they had a few teething problems and the scoring system was a bit weird but hopefully they have taken note of feedback and made a few improvements. Despite all that, I enjoyed the overall concept of managing a unique team, trading players, etc.

To find out more go to http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/

Private League name: GAGR
    Password: frd2016

I've set the draft date for Monday 22nd Feb at 7pm AEST, just before the actual comp starts. There are only 10 spots per league.
    RugbyReg likes this.
  2. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

I will be in. Will register when back from holidays
    KOB1987 likes this.
  3. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

I'm signed up.

Will have to spend the next month analysing stats of all the players in a complex spreadsheet before creating a depth chart of all players across all the teams so I can pick the perfect combination to win the league.

That of I'll just randomly pick players on the night, if I remember to log in for it.
    RugbyReg likes this.
  4. CleanCut Frank Row (1)

Have any of you hear of the Fantasy Rugby version on testrugby.com?

There are thousands of registered members across the globe competing on this site every year.

If you like, I can set up a pool for us . or you can all join an established pool that I'm a member of.

Let me know . I'll give you all the relevant details etc.
  5. Mike Saayman Frank Row (1)

CC

Thanks for putting this one on the site. Have you started a pool already - if not I will set one up this morning using the name "ruckersforum".

I will also provide a list of teams prior to matches to assist members in team selections - like I normally do in the case of the saruckersforum site. Most likely copy the list from that site onto this one.
  6. Mike Saayman Frank Row (1)

CC

I want to post an avatar on the site - I do I do that?
  7. Mike Saayman Frank Row (1)

What team name must I use to become a member of the above league?
  8. Mike Saayman Frank Row (1)

I was stupid entered my own team name selection and it worked
  9. CleanCut Frank Row (1)

Hey Mike. Good to see you've joined up here.

Doesn't seem to be as busy as Ruckersforum though.

I guess the Ozzies aren't as rugby crazy as we South Africans.

No matter . maybe we can entice a few to set aside their Ozzie rules and start following a real sport.

Sorry for only coming back to you now . but did you sort out all your issues with the avatar etc??

Seems so.

Let me know if I can help.

Best thing is to just dig around and try figure it out yourself. It's actually not that complicated.

I like it.
  10. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

That was the correct thing to do, assuming you are happy with your team being called 'clevermike'. Important thing is you are entered but if you want to change your team name just click up the top where it says 'welcome' and you can change it in there.
  11. namtrak Charlie Fox (21)

Any word on Foxsports SuperCoach?
  12. oncewasaback Frank Row (1)

just looked and it's still showing 2015 :(

hopefully they have finals this time...
  13. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

There are still 3 spot available in the league if anyone wants to nab one. A reminder that the draft will be next Monday at 7pm AEST (8pm DST).
  14. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

if we are desperate my son is keen, but happy for someone else to come in so that he doesn't beat me at this as well.
  15. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

First in I reckon, but up to you if you want to see what happens during the week.
  16. Jets Tony Shaw (54)

Let him join Reg. I'm happy to be humiliated by him.
    RugbyReg likes this.
  17. mateegg Bob McCowan (2)

I'm pretty new around here, but I signed up. Have been searching around a lot for a good fantasy game this year and it seems to be slim pickings. Thanks for setting this one up!
    Jets and RugbyReg like this.
  18. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

There is only one spot left now.

It seems like Fox aren't doing their fantasy game, the only other one I can find is SuperBru. There are no financial constraints on trading players but they are a bit tighter on the number of transfers per week and the players allowed from one team. I'll open a GAGR pool if there is demand.
    Jets likes this.
  19. RebelYell Dave Cowper (27)

I'm in. Will register shortly.
  20. namtrak Charlie Fox (21)

Fox is launching its Fantasy Supercoach tomorrow (Wednesday) apparently