• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Genius selectoriale decision from me picking Joe Cokesignsbiga. Although ffs the titty-handed bastard shouldve had 5 not just 2.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Don't worry, I'm banking on three players being picked, as I ran out of transfers, and those teams (Aus and Scroteland) haven't been announced yet

We're all in that boat, have to make selections by Thursday night kick off from teams which haven't been announced. I'm winging a few Aussies and Scots as well, I think I'm pretty safe with my Aussies (Beale, Kerevi, Hooper), not sure about my Scots (Hogg, Laidlaw, Nel), although Hogg is covered by Kolbe off the bench anyway. We'll all have to play a few short at times during the tournament due to the constraints but at least it's a level playing field. I didn't pick any Welsh players as Wales have a 'bye' in the next round.

Scotland also have a 'bye' next round but those players were hangovers from my first round, I ran out of subs due to the large number of players in my initial team being known unavailable, so I had to take a punt somewhere.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Topped the round with a 219. Into outright second place now. Don't forget this afternoon is the deadline for round 3 changes

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rank Team Total Tries
1 dctarget's Titanic Sergeants 416 10
2 KOB's Unbeatable Hornets 413.5 7
3 Brazzer's Poorly Penguins 410 11
4 Israel Folau's All Man Massage XV 406.5 10
5 Twoilms 385.5 8
6 asuther1's Supreme Flippers 385 9
7 Jack's Kicking Rockets 377.5 10
8 Chunky's Immense Jewels 370.5 8
9 trappa's Vivacious Moles 355 5
10 The Cheerful Termites 344 6
11 Rugby All Stars 323 4
12 shadjr's Illustrious Idiots 321 6
13 OzWales 309 6
14 JBarteles's Bright Starlings 306 2
15 Mr Plow's Denver Broncos 293 5
16 Pitcairns Burn Clinic 8th XV 277 3
17 jason.vassiley's Kind Tigers 274 2
18 msta0394's Bouncy Marines 203 6

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wow, didn’t even get my round 2 in and I topped it. Very cool. Maybe it subs out players who didn’t play. Hopefully I haven’t missed the deadline for round 3.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Classic headache of fantasy RWC is the long round length, meaning we only get a few confirmed lineups before the cutoff.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Big gaps opening up in the digital world cup. Brazzer is shooting away, chased by KOB and dctarget. Dismal and Mr Plow are beyond wooden spoon territory and might be playing for pride.

Brazzer's Poorly Penguins
KOB's Unbeatable Hornets
dctarget's Titanic Sergeants
Twoilms
asuther1's Supreme Flippers
Jack's Kicking Rockets
Israel Folau's All Man Massage XV
Rugby All Stars
Chunky's Immense Jewels
shadjr's Illustrious Idiots
JBarteles's Bright Starlings
jason.vassiley's Kind Tigers
The Cheerful Termites
OzWales
trappa's Vivacious Moles
msta0394's Bouncy Marines
Mr Plow's Denver Broncos
Pitcairns Burn Clinic 8th XV

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
havent even looked at it since Rd 1. Don't know how it works. Oh, it requires work? Yeah, about that..... I hope the Pitcairns Sons of Sisters Sins 666th XV get relegated

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
well the typhoon makes fantasy a little interesting

Yeah I'm fucked in the back row stakes, I've got 1/4 playing and he's already played, although he's named to play again (Wainwright)at least. I'm not too bad elsewhere TBH.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, it's definitely made things interesting. I might be ok if Wales actually get on the field for their next game.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Same, I loaded up on a few Scots and Welshman that aren't the best players but I thought might get 2 runs, so I'm hanging out for an announcement on those fixtures.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Crunch time now, how many saffers can you stuff in your team. KOB still leads the pack, but the gap is closing. Myself and Brazzers (odd choice name) are 2nd and 3rd respectively with a point separating us.