• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Abbott and his cronies are probably applauding Ben Netanyahu at the moment - timed his invasion perfectly with a bunch of Russian dickbags shooting down a civilian airliner.

Politicla smokescreen level - Ninja.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sorry to go OT here, but:

Is it just me, or is there a lot more panic about this flight being shot down? I mean its happened in the past to El Al, Korean, and even the US shot down an Iranian airliner once didn't they?

Fucking media beating this shit up to the nth degree is only part of it, because quite frankly Putin is being a raving dickbag over the whole Ukraine situation.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
There's probably a few things at play.

It's come on the back of the first Malaysian Airlines disaster which had already dented confidence in air travel.

But I think the main cause of distress is the implication of Russian involvement, even though it's most likely through proxy.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Bsg6h84CIAAjFv7.jpg:large

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's probably a few things at play.

It's come on the back of the first Malaysian Airlines disaster which had already dented confidence in air travel.

But I think the main cause of distress is the implication of Russian involvement, even though it's most likely through proxy.

If it was an missle then it is not a simple task to shot down an aircraft at 33,000ft. They carry transponders that signal who they are and would appear on the attack radar systems. Either an accident or someone uping the game. Its technology is soviet and usually under their control.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If it was an missle then it is not a simple task to shot down an aircraft at 33,000ft. They carry transponders that signal who they are and would appear on the attack radar systems. Either an accident or someone uping the game. Its technology is soviet and usually under their control.

It's been reported that it was a Buk missile system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system

They can shoot down aircraft up to 25km high.

It is a former Soviet air defence site around Donetsk now controlled by pro-Russian seperatists.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Yanks could probably tell us in two minutes where the missile was fired from and who fired it. Whether they want to risk upping the stakes with Putin is another matter, I'd expect a bit of a whitewash report and some additional sanctions on the Russians to be honest.

Heartbreaking for the families involved I was reading that only a few of those on board would have been killed by the missile and the others would have faced a minutes free fall conscious

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

IFF transponders are a bit poorly named: they only identify friendly aircraft, versus "anyone else". Civilian aircraft have them, but they wouldn't identify as a friendly.

In this case there are tweets and phone calls from the separatist leadership bragging about bringing down another An-26. The tweets were swiftly deleted once it started raining civilian luggage, body parts, and Malaysia airlines logos.

Heartbreaking for the families involved I was reading that only a few of those on board would have been killed by the missile and the others would have faced a minutes free fall conscious

You can only hope the poor bastards got taken as quickly as possible by a secondary fuel explosion.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Treat workers well and business will prosper
http://www.smh.com.au/business/comm...and-business-will-prosper-20140718-zudwk.html

"Tony Abbott’s strategy for getting back into government was to make himself a small target by adopting few controversial policies. He mollified his big business backers by promising to hold many inquiries and take any proposals for controversial reform to the 2016 election.
But once in government Abbott couldn’t avoid announcing many unpopular measures to get the budget back on track. These have hit his standing in the polls, while causing difficulty and delay in getting budget measures through the Senate."

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Naturally - no business that treats workers like shit keeps growing.

I laughed quite a bit at the ads written against Work Choices. If you believed that crap, evil fat cat employers were just looking for excuses to get rid of staff to save money, when any successful businessman knows you have to spend it to make it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah productivity is king, motivated staff produce more.

One of the truisms of management theory a lecturer said once was the whole subject was about getting workers to be more productive without paying them anymore

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
There was those examples of people being let go because of "operational reasons" and their job being advertised at a cheaper pay.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

I laughed quite a bit at the ads written against Work Choices. If you believed that crap, evil fat cat employers were just looking for excuses to get rid of staff to save money, when any successful businessman knows you have to spend it to make it.

The Coalition seem to think that they can make money without spending money.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah productivity is king, motivated staff produce more.

One of the truisms of management theory a lecturer said once was the whole subject was about getting workers to be more productive without paying them anymore

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
t

Do they? Serious question. While it would make sense that you have to invest in your labour force in order to generate revenue many managers/businessmen seem to have overlooked that.

I'm not suggesting its a policy issue but it's a system that would exploit a WorkChoices system to maximise profits at the expense of the workforce.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
When is the Coalition actually going to start governing instead of blaming everything on others?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

To many variables to make blanket statements like that. First consideration is the availability of the skilled staff the business needs. If they are abundant, the employer often get's away with treating workers like crap. Don't worry because there are workers who treat their employers like crap and expect a raft of protections from the law. Don't worry because good ethical workers despise these pricks also as they make a case to tear way genuine protections and those who truly depend on them get left in no mans land.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Because politicians live in a fantasy land where they are surrounded by lazy clock watchers and troughs of expense account money.

Yeah, they have a raft of scape goats when it goes bad but quick to claim credit when it goes good.

They also don't have to fend for themselves and are constantly kissed on the dick in the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.