• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I'm not really sure the sports minister has achieved much of recent years based on the perilous state of Aussie sport achievements but we still have one of them.

Oh yes, a sports minister is critical. How better to compensate a disappointed ministerial candidate than with tickets to any sporting event, anywhere, as part of their portfolio responsibilities?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Corrected. Queensland's the only state with a one chamber parliament, and look where that's got them these last 50 years. During Joh's gerrymandered days it was possible for the government to introduce legislation into the parliament and pass it in one night. AND THE BASTARDS OCCASIONALLY DID! In those circumstances one could mount a good argument for a bit less haste and some considered review of controversial bills.

Checks and balances.

The Hawke government had to use its s51 "external affairs" powers to save the Daintree from logging.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wikipedia says this "In April 1983 the Federal Government tasked an RF-111 and later a Mirage jet, from the Royal Australian Air Force, to perform a reconnaissance mission over the dam as part of its case that the Tasmanian Government was not complying with Federal legislation to stop work."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Dam_controversy

Bob Hawke was PM from 11 March 1983. So if Wiki is correct, he sent the RAAF in to spy on the Tassie Govt not the protesters.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Was it Bob who sent the F111s down to Tasmania to spy on the Franklin River protesters?

I think you'll find it was Gareth Evans, who later admitted it was a good idea at the time. And they were trying to find out the extent of changes done by the Tasmanian government as the Feds had been denied access, what the protesters were up to was no concern of Evans's.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Yesterday Scott Morrison said that the Coalition had a mandate to "Stop the boats".

I thought they said that they had a mandate to remove the "Carbon tax".

I wish that they'd make up their minds.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Just heard Abbott appointed himself Minister for Women. Or was it spokesman. whatever it's a fuckin joke

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Come now sully, first he was mysoginst and then he was surrounded by so many women on the campaign trail that even his ovulation interval synchronised. Poor bloke can't win no matter what he does when it comes to women

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just heard Abbott appointed himself Minister for Women. Or was it spokesman. whatever it's a fuckin joke

The Office for Women or whatever it's called these days usually sits in the department of prime minister and cabinet. Abbott also has Senator Michaelia Cash as assistant Minister

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Come now sully, first he was mysoginst and then he was surrounded by so many women on the campaign trail that even his ovulation interval synchronised. Poor bloke can't win no matter what he does when it comes to women
Just because you get some women to hang around you doesn't mean you're not a misogynist

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Yesterday Scot Morrison said that the Coalition had a mandate to "Stop the boats".

I thought they said that they had a mandate to remove the "Carbon tax".

I wish that they'd make up their minds.

With no tourism minister I think they also think they have a mandate to stop the cruise ships.

Send the navy out to turn them round.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
and being able to spell misogynist does not entail knowing what it means, it seems
And knowing what it means doesn't stop you from being a know it all arse either. Stop making excuses for the man

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Office for Women or whatever it's called these days usually sits in the department of prime minister and cabinet. Abbott also has Senator Michaelia Cash as assistant Minister

Cash is the one that spewed out that rather horrible spew of vitriol at Penny Wong in the Senate after the Gillard rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.