• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With no tourism minister I think they also think they have a mandate to stop the cruise ships.

Send the navy out to turn them round.

I say send the Navy out to bring the cruise ships in, not to turn them around.

The NSW government charges the Cruise Ships approx $3m per night to tie up at Circular Quay. That is a lot of Sausage sizzles.

The Navy costs a lot of money to run. Make them make a profit by "capturing" cruise ships.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

The NSW government charges the Cruise Ships approx $3m per night to tie up at Circular Quay. That is a lot of Sausage sizzles.

The Navy costs a lot of money to run. Make them make a profit by "capturing" cruise ships.

When there are no cruise ships about they could capture other counties navy boats and force them to tie up at circular key and pay the rent. Be worth more to the economy than mining, banking and education if done with enough gusto.

This is the type of cando attitude an Abbot government could deliver.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And knowing what it means doesn't stop you from being a know it all arse either. Stop making excuses for the man

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

One of your best.
I'm sure if you could descend to issues of substance as opposed to name calling you could explain how complaining that the wrong word is being used is defending the bloke.
You could try thinking for yourself instead of parroting ALP propaganda but I guess "sexist" does not have the same vituperative force.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
So is everything that you don't agree with ALP propaganda? (there must be a lot of ALP propaganda in the world)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...y-start-to-the-new-normal-20130920-2u532.html

"The deliberately slow and steady pace of things after the election was buttressed by explicit statements from Abbott. His administration would be one favouring method over madness. An adult operation delivering no grand visions and no nasty surprises.
This of course was in stark contrast to the ferocious urgency informing his relentless three-year campaign to be given the keys to The Lodge. The budget emergency, the crisis on our borders, sky-rocketing debt, and the economic wrecking-ball-turned-python-squeeze of the carbon tax.
Call an election, he had pleaded, there was not a minute to lose. Yet since his election, those emergencies have abated. Even before polling day, the fiscal deficit had morphed into an even more more virulent political form, the trust deficit."

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Hugh, I guess you won't be making PM Abbott's Christmas card list as you have completely ignored his mandate to stop the boats.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...y-start-to-the-new-normal-20130920-2u532.html

"The deliberately slow and steady pace of things after the election was buttressed by explicit statements from Abbott. His administration would be one favouring method over madness. An adult operation delivering no grand visions and no nasty surprises.
This of course was in stark contrast to the ferocious urgency informing his relentless three-year campaign to be given the keys to The Lodge. The budget emergency, the crisis on our borders, sky-rocketing debt, and the economic wrecking-ball-turned-python-squeeze of the carbon tax.
Call an election, he had pleaded, there was not a minute to lose. Yet since his election, those emergencies have abated. Even before polling day, the fiscal deficit had morphed into an even more more virulent political form, the trust deficit."

So Tony has changed his strategy since coming into government. Outrageous!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So is everything that you don't agree with ALP propaganda? (there must be a lot of ALP propaganda in the world)

No.
It is plain that Gillard chose the word misogynist because she knew it was a strong word with sinister connotations.
Ever since every person who has wished to challenge Abbott's relationship to females has played the misogyny card.
There is simply no evidence he is a misogynist. It would be hard to imagine that he could have survived with 3 daughters, a wife and a homosexual sister (who was present at his swearing in) if he were a misogynist, properly so called.
There is room for the view that misogyny is the product of a disturbance of the mind because it represents an irrational prejudice of such a nature as to strike at the very essence of our species.
I accept that there is a very respectable argument that Abbott is sexist and that the makeup of his cabinet is a reflection of inherent sexism in the Liberal party at all levels.
If you really care about sexism it does not help to label it misogyny.
Also this graphs shows a couple of other ways in which cabinet fails to reflect society that are of serious concern, I would have thought:
Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 2.13.36 PM.png

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
So Tony has changed his strategy since coming into government. Outrageous!

“When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?” John Maynard Keynes

Many of the facts are as they were.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I don't think fact played much part in Abbott's campaign at all. He just sold a shit load of snake oil.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
One of your best.
I'm sure if you could descend to issues of substance as opposed to name calling you could explain how complaining that the wrong word is being used is defending the bloke.
You could try thinking for yourself instead of parroting ALP propaganda but I guess "sexist" does not have the same vituperative force.
You started the insults not me. I wouldn't know ALP propaganda of you handed me their manifesto but I can pick a bone with no respect for women a mile away.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Say somethings often enough and you reinforce it true or untrue.

Look at the writings of of a propoganda minister from 60 years ago.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think fact played much part in Abbott's campaign at all. He just sold a shit load of snake oil.

I don't think we'll keep buying the spin like we did under Howard. The economy is no Goldilocks miracle we are worshipping the Feds for magicking anymore. And we are too sick of being lied too and manipulated. The LNP have totally fucked the wave of support they where elected with here in Q. They are beyond stupid and keep getting stupider. The cynicism the public has towards them very easily transfers onto Abbots mob.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I don't think we'll keep buying the spin like we did under Howard. The economy is no Goldilocks miracle we are worshipping the Feds for magicking anymore. And we are too sick of being lied too and manipulated. The LNP have totally fucked the wave of support they where elected with here in Q. They are beyond stupid and keep getting stupider. The cynicism the public has towards them very easily transfers onto Abbots mob.

Too late. The bullshit was sold and the purchase was made. No chance of a refund for three years.

Here is our new PM

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Australia and it's politicians are not well thought of overseas.

This is not my opinion but fact.

A sad state of affairs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Australia and it's politicians are not well thought of overseas.

This is not my opinion but fact.

A sad state of affairs.

Thinking critically I can understand why. We are not as special as we think we are at times and quite frankly little arseholes. We have never truly had a circumstance to humble us and continue not to appreciate how lucky we are.

Conservatives have never been any good at foreign affairs so I don't expect it to change any time soon. We will continue to be a colonial outcast in a vast foreign land in a region we think we are better than.

The Hawke/Keating governments were the exception though the previous Labor government were no better than the conservatives.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Conservatives have never been any good at foreign affairs so I don't expect it to change any time soon. We will continue to be a colonial outcast in a vast foreign land in a region we think we are better than.

The Hawke/Keating governments were the exception though the previous Labor government were no better than the conservatives.
EXACTlY!
What conservatives would ever have the diplomatic skills to tell any recalcitrant pricks what fucking arseholes they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.