• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FIFA Womens World Cup 2023 (Matildas games)

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Anyone following this?

Good game tonight, great to see the Matildas win, they have heaps of room for improvement especially with linking to the strikers, too many poor balls through leading to no chance of having a shot.

One thing I found interesting was the pitch of the roar of the crowd when Australia scored, it was a higher pitch than normal, my wife in the next room even noticed it. I assume it is due to the higher numbers of female supporters.

I am happy, my 3 leg multi got up.

Bring on Nigeria next week in Brisbane, I have my tickets in the nosebleeds and cannot wait to go.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Matilda's didn't look as sharp as they did in the warm up game against France but I suppose losing your star player & captain just before the start....

(Was a calf injury in training so figure they must have signed the Wallabies strength and conditioning staff :eek: )

Was great to get up with the win though & 75k at the game is a great achievement for the sport!

We're taking the kids to the 3rd place final so are looking forward to it!

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Cheers for making a thread, was surprised to not find one last night.

How bloody good was the crowd - so great to see.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Cheers for making a thread, was surprised to not find one last night.

How bloody good was the crowd - so great to see.
They were really good, I was surprised it did not seem to be an absolute sell out, I wonder if they want the final to be slightly bigger than earlier matches.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Last night was a bit disappointing but we played pretty poorly and Nigeria were too fast and strong for us. In both the Ireland and Nigeria game the Matilda's seemed to have problems connecting with the intended target. I wonder if it is the ball flight dynamics? Pretty much every World Cup has a new ball that has some issues, this one appears to "float" on longer passes putting them a little too far in front of the intended target.

Crowd was awesome and I was pretty impressed with Lang Park, I hadn't been to a live game there is about 15 years and it was good. The food was pretty reasonable and tasted good. Beer was pretty average, $11 for Great Northern mid strength and $9 for Great Northern zero.

I was a bit disappointed with my seats though, I had a great view of the entire field but considering I had early access to tickets through being a visa card holder and getting on the ticket booking within about .5 of a second after they were available I was pretty annoyed that I was in the second back row, it almost appears that FIFA filled from the back to the front rather where I would have thought those who were first to book would get the better seats.

I am a "W" so maybe those at the end of the alphabet got the worst seats???

It will be tough from here and I cant see us beating Canada to get through.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Lang Park.JPG

The view was better than the photos shows. I guess I cant complain, I am in my late 40's so seeing Australia at a home world cup is a once in a lifetime occasion and I was lucky to go.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was a bit disappointed with my seats though, I had a great view of the entire field but considering I had early access to tickets through being a visa card holder and getting on the ticket booking within about .5 of a second after they were available I was pretty annoyed that I was in the second back row, it almost appears that FIFA filled from the back to the front rather where I would have thought those who were first to book would get the better seats.

There's definitely some shenanigans going on with the tickets - we're going to the 3rd place final and the first time I looked all I could buy were the "restricted view" ones up the back.

I looked a gain a week later (as I was checking pricing for a thread here) and it showed Cat A availability for right in the middle!!!

Now I've an extra 4 tickets to offload for up the back..........

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brutal - England we're just too good (and excelled at time wasting and pushing the boundaries - definitely not "playing within the spirit of the game).

Only consolation is that I'm going the the third place final so at least we get to cheer on the Tillies!