1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Films you've seen

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by chief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Aussie D Dick Tooth (41)

I jusy looked at the various cinema sites and not one local cinema is showing the girl who kicked over the hornets nest. If I want to see it on the big screen I have to go to Sydney or Newcastle. Obviously most people around here aren't sophisticated enough to enjoy this type of movie in the eyes of the cinema proprieters.
  2. AngrySeahorse Peter Sullivan (51)

I saw The Final Winter quite some time ago, I thought it was well done also, except for the pot shot on rugby during the movie (still was a good little movie though).

I seem to be going backwards when it comes to movies (and video games).

I hardly watch anything new but I'm discovering older movies I've never seen before like 'Phenomena' Jen Connelly's first film.

I always liked the Stephen King movies, The Shining, Cat's eye, IT, Pet Semetary, etc. Now its pretty much a case of "how much blood and guts can we put into this movie so the audience is so grossed out that they dont notice the movie story line is crap".
  3. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

I didn't mind the pot shot on rugby, it was a league film, best part of it was the guy makes the remark whilst living in an area that has probably become the second most gay suburb in Sydney
  4. Reddy! Bob Davidson (42)

Watched the 2005 pride and prejudice. Pretty visually stunning movie, especially if you have an eye for architecture etc.
  5. bryce Darby Loudon (17)

True Grit. One of the best, if not the best movie I've seen in the last 12 months.
    waratahjesus likes this.
  6. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

Got to see a preview screening of the new muppet movie on the weekend (admittedly coming from a longtime fan) tone perfect with at least three tear inducing moments. Not going to set new standards in film, but if your a fan of Jim Henson and have a childhood fondness it's very cool indeed.
  7. Ruggo Mark Ella (57)

Please tell me you mean the origional.

There will only be one John Wayne.
  8. Cutter Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Has anyone seen this?

[video=youtube;gBsUztRDRsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBsUztRDRsk&feature=related[/video]

I haven't, but it looks like the type of thing that would give you some perspective.
  9. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

So I watched the new Conan the Barbarian last night. I knew it was going to be trash and Conan speaks in such a low, husky voice that he's fucking hard to understand at times but I was drunk and so I enjoyed it. It also featured one of the most ridiculous pickup lines I've ever heard: "I live, I love, I slay and I am content". hahahaha. It's basically along the same lines as The Expendables in terms of entertainment value, rubbish, but good If you've had a couple, or maybe a lot.
    waratahjesus likes this.
  10. bryce Darby Loudon (17)

Went and saw 'This must be the place' last night. Not sure if it is showing in many cinemas but worth a look. Unusual but I enjoyed it. Stars Sean Penn.
  11. Garry Owen Chris McKivat (8)

Before you see the American version of 'Girl with the Dragon tattoo.', watch the original euro version (subtitled) for free at this site:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nUgP4M2FGG8/

The trilogy is also on that site.

Hey, my pleasure.
  12. Karl Bill McLean (32)

Saw Red Dog. Not bad for an unashamedly Aussie pic. It's no Castle, but I liked it. I have read the script for Wolf Creek 2, or a recent version of it anyway, some of it has changed. It's going to be a cracker if that wanker Edelsten doesn't trash it.
  13. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

Or rent or buy it so more great movies can be made, either way, each to there own.

I've seen the American one, won't bevchecking out any more of them, the original shits all over it Americans just can't do ugly like the Europeans can.

Also, anyone with kids or without them, HUGO is one of the best movies of all time and is well worth checking out.
  14. Bullrush Jim Lenehan (48)

Watched 'The Express' tonite - a gridiron movie about Ernie Davis. Most gridiron movies seem to have such fantastic stories - even the fictional ones. No matter what sport you play, you have to appreciate the story and themes in 'Any Given Sunday'.
  15. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Apparently the new mission impossible movie is by far the best one of the lot. anyone seen it?
  16. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Yeah its junk
  17. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Moneyball definitely worth a look - got me excited over Austin's post on Involvement Rates as well
  18. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

Had to sit through "iron lady" today. Boring piece of shit designed to make the lead an Oscar contender.
  19. spooony Ron Walden (29)

like watching paint dry
  20. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

Worse. A least paint can brighten a place up.