• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Finals predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Obviously the big one for Qld Country would be to win in Fiji, but will be difficult without Duncan Paia’aua and Perese been called into the Wallabies.

And the following weekend for the Sprit against QLD Country will decide their finals place, but they’ll be without half their squad due to the Barbarians match against the Wallabies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
At this stage, I would have to favour the Qld Country and Vikings to take out the top two spots. The order will be determined by the result this weekend of the Drua v QC (Quade Cooper) game. Depending on the result of that game, either the QC (Quade Cooper) (if they win) or the Vikings (if the Drua win) will be on top and the other most likely in 2nd spot. All three have reasonably easy games to finish and would be expected to win.
The potential fly in the ointment for QC (Quade Cooper) is if the Drua happen to beat them and earn a bonus point. That might see QC (Quade Cooper) finish 3rd overall.

Whoever finishes on top will probably be favoured to take out the comp this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hopefully the NSW teams all pull a miracle out this weekend and produce a win to keep the Country Eagles hopes alive heading into the final round.

T

TOCC

At this stage, I would have to favour the Qld Country and Vikings to take out the top two spots. The order will be determined by the result this weekend of the Drua v QC (Quade Cooper) game. Depending on the result of that game, either the QC (Quade Cooper) (if they win) or the Vikings (if the Drua win) will be on top and the other most likely in 2nd spot. All three have reasonably easy games to finish and would be expected to win.
The potential fly in the ointment for QC (Quade Cooper) is if the Drua happen to beat them and earn a bonus point. That might see QC (Quade Cooper) finish 3rd overall.

Whoever finishes on top will probably be favoured to take out the comp this year.

Can’t see QCountry winning in Fiji without their captain and best player, Cheika called Paia’aua into the Wallaby squad so he is back in Brisbane.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Can’t see QCountry winning in Fiji without their captain and best player, Cheika called Paia’aua into the Wallaby squad so he is back in Brisbane.
This sucks! He was never going to play any part in the game and this is critical match.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Isn't it great to see that the NRC is growing in out estimation such that we get a bit put off when the national coach calls up one of our more influential players.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sully, my understanding is that DP and Perese have been called into the squad either for training purposes or for the team to play the Baa Baas next week. Is this not the case?

Vikings have also lost Arnold, Banks and Folau Faiinga but not quite so disruptive as they have the bye this weekend.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Sully, my understanding is that DP and Perese have been called into the squad either for training purposes or for the team to play the Baa Baas next week. Is this not the case?

Vikings have also lost Arnold, Banks and Folau Faiinga but not quite so disruptive as they have the bye this weekend.

Duncan and Rory were definitely at the Captain's run yesterday. Don't recall seeing Perese, Banks or Fainga though. (not to say they weren't there though, don't get a lot of time inside)

T

TOCC

This sucks! He was never going to play any part in the game and this is critical match.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems a bit stupid doesn’t it, surely he could train with the Wallabies but still travel to Fiji. But doesn’t matter anyway.. QCountry won in Fiji

So they’re a lock for the finals now, and strong favourite for home final

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hoping the Vikings can lock up the second place and wrap up a home semi. Looking possible that QldC might face Brisbane in the other semi.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Great win by the Rams. Need the Rays to beat the Spirit and the Eagles to beat the Rising to keep the Eagles slim finals chances alive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's on! A win by the Eagles tomorrow will keep them in the hunt.

Brilliant second half by the Rays!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the Eagles are now fourth and the winner of the Eagles and Brisbane City next week will make the finals.

Amazing round of results.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep, Brisbane City to be without Quade Cooper, Karmichael Hunt, Andrew Ready, Kane Douglas, Lukhan Tui and Samu Kerevi.

NSW Coutry to be without Jake Gordon, Kyle Godwin, Sam Ward and Tom Robertson

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well, in a surprise to fucking nobody, I'm picking the Rising to come first.

Finals from here look like:

Rising v Vikings
Brisbane v Eagles

Reckon the Eagles, if they get their full lineup on the park, might just have the game to upset Brisvegas, and head to Melbourne for their runners-up medals.

Got one out of four right Pfitzy. Aint it a bitch when someone calls you out on a previous forecast that you'd be hoping no-one would remember.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ah, the moronic irony of it all. That forecast was for 2014. Can't remember how that all turned out, but don't want to know either.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
OK, here's my forecast for the upcoming semi's in the 2017 season.

Spirit to beat the Qld country boys and the Drua to beat the Vikings. Spirit to face the nightmare of a trip all the way to Fiji for the final.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Vikings now looking for locks.

Blake Enever with the Wallabies
Rory Arnold injured
Sam Carter with the Barbarians.

Darcy Swain to start (he's been impressive this year) with Dean Oakman-Hunt do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.