• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cyclopath learns that he is, in fact, a kiwi:

IMG_0772.JPG

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Best keep the lampooning of my new-found heritage out of this thread. I'm sure Dismal can find a suitable place to mock me.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Well it seems all our claims today have been validated by this article and the Jones broadcast.
Clyne's henchmen Clarke and Day claimed that the cost to buy Cox's licence was 5.7m. Clyne clearly had the option to but chose not to buy it. Why? that's not a lot considering what they had already given to the Rebs, and the issue would be finished with. IMO to avoid this option and to make it seem like a bigger deal he made up a story about Bledisloe contracts that hadn't even been signed 2 yrs in advance, bias and lies.

When the Cox licence passed to the VRU the ARU/Clyne claimed no knowledge and feigned shock. Truth was they were informed all along and in fact facilitated it. They also chose not to contest it, in fact Clyne had already consented to the transaction. They were totally complicit in the transfer, more bias and lies.

The WA Premier tried to contact Clyne but he would not return calls. Not surprising seeing as he was making a deal with the Vic Premier behind the scenes. I'm sure the WA Premier would have liked to have had the opportunity to suggest a deal too. Not to mention Twiggy Forrest. In fact he could probably have extracted a far better deal from WA. This would not have been hard, on the surface it looks a very average deal which begs the question why do it? But of course WA never was allowed to make a pitch. More bias, lies and treachery by Clyne.

These are just IMO the tip of the iceberg. The process from start to finish has clearly been biased. I cannot imagine that this is how rugby people expect their organisation to be run. I wonder how much the so called independent directors are involved in this. Rugby in Aus is stuffed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...force-out-of-super-rugby-20170816-gxxde5.html

M

Moono75

This really really stinks. It has been a dishonest process....sorry calling it a process is being kind, clusterf@ck frmm the start. The ARU are a pack of @ssholes. Again backing brand Melbourne over Perth even though on all Rugby metrics we are ahead, but apparently that doesn't matter.

This just shits me off, we don't get a fair shake no matter what we do. No wonder we have a chip on our shoulder about the Eastern States.

The WA Government should blacklist the East Australian Rugby Union because they sure as shit don't represent us here in WA :mad:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall either at the end of 2016 or maybe 2015 Super Rugby season, a certain SMH journalist (being kind) foreshadowed on Fox's Rugby Club, or whatever it was called at the time, that the Force would be wound up or perhaps moved to Western Sydney. As far as establishing the time scale in which the ARU had been planning to reduce the number of Aus sides is concerned, I'd perhaps be looking at getting that Journo on the stand when and if the matter gets to court.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall either at the end of 2016 or maybe 2015 Super Rugby season, a certain SMH journalist (being kind) foreshadowed on Fox's Rugby Club, or whatever it was called at the time, that the Force would be wound up or perhaps moved to Western Sydney. As far as establishing the time scale in which the ARU had been planning to reduce the number of Aus sides is concerned, I'd perhaps be looking at getting that Journo on the stand when and if the matter gets to court.
That was former Force CEO Greg Harris' line in March last year. (As he left the Tahs)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/w...waratahs-ceo-greg-harris-20160311-gngtuu.html

He's changed his tune a bit since then

http://www.espn.com.au/rugby/story/...executive-greg-harris-disappointed-force-cull

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Its nice to know how deceitful the ARU were throughout this whole process and making deals behind everyones back to make sure they get what they want. Clyne should resign over this crap.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees bloody strong Perth Spirit squad....Hope Force Fans get behind and attend Perth Spirit home matches as with Perth Spirit also at threat of being cut, don't need to give the ARU and more ammo.....

B

BLR

Gees bloody strong Perth Spirit squad..Hope Force Fans get behind and attend Perth Spirit home matches as with Perth Spirit also at threat of being cut, don't need to give the ARU and more ammo...

I don't think they are at threat of being cut, as far as the ARU are concerned it is a done deal unfortunately if they win the court case. I don't see them backing down.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't think they are at threat of being cut, as far as the ARU are concerned it is a done deal unfortunately if they win the court case. I don't see them backing down.

Well I think a very strong Perth Spirit Squad been chosen to ensure they win the NRC comp and best way to embarrass the ARU is for that to happen coupled with very good crowds attending Perth Spirit home games.

B

BLR

Well I think a very strong Perth Spirit Squad been chosen to ensure they win the NRC comp and best way to embarrass the ARU is for that to happen coupled with very good crowds attending Perth Spirit home games.

Oh big time, however I don't know at this point they feel embarrassment.

B

BLR

The story wouldn't load. Would it be 50 50

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

You'd think it would be last resort so much lower odds than that.

Who knows how far it has gone at this point, all we know that some initial talks were made last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.