• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Many bloggers have raised the issue of why didn't Twiggy Forrest step in to help earlier.

Yesterday’s feedback from, Hans Sauer, the President of RugbyWA throws some light on the reasons why:

“In March 2016 we notified the ARU we were going to need help at the end of the season.
Considering they had previously bailed out the Rebels, QRU and NSWRU we thought we’d ask first.
One plan was that if they rejected us, we would need to fast track a few other options.

BUT HEY – they (the ARU) came to us and said we can help, in fact our intention is to follow the NZ model and centralise high performance and own all of the licences – we can then leverage a whole package to sponsors, we can move players like they do in N.Z. and if we start with you guys and prove the model, we can then sell it to the other franchises”.

This ladies and gentlemen is why we then began talking about an Alliance.

So, Clyne is right – we did let them know 18 months ago we were heading into financial problems, but he is milking this and misrepresenting it to suit his agenda.

They could have said – NO.
They (the ARU) came with the centralised model and we believed them.
Snake Oil salesmen!!!!

Let me also say that Bill Pulver acknowledged their commercial team had done zilch to help us on Sponsorship.
We have acknowledged that their High performance team have been great.”

The Senate Inquiry has the chance of finding out IF the ARU had other motives behind this centralised model/Alliance arrangement.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It seems to me that the Force, as we know it and the competition it played in, being Super Rugby, is goooooooone.

Enquiries are shit and too late.

It's a shame that Australia will only have the 4 teams

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Many bloggers have raised the issue of why didn't Twiggy Forrest step in to help earlier.

Yesterday’s feedback from, Hans Sauer, the President of RugbyWA throws some light on the reasons why:

“In March 2016 we notified the ARU we were going to need help at the end of the season.
Considering they had previously bailed out the Rebels, QRU and NSWRU we thought we’d ask first.
One plan was that if they rejected us, we would need to fast track a few other options.

BUT HEY – they (the ARU) came to us and said we can help, in fact our intention is to follow the NZ model and centralise high performance and own all of the licences – we can then leverage a whole package to sponsors, we can move players like they do in N.Z. and if we start with you guys and prove the model, we can then sell it to the other franchises”.

This ladies and gentlemen is why we then began talking about an Alliance.

So, Clyne is right – we did let them know 18 months ago we were heading into financial problems, but he is milking this and misrepresenting it to suit his agenda.

They could have said – NO.
They (the ARU) came with the centralised model and we believed them.
Snake Oil salesmen!!!!

Let me also say that Bill Pulver acknowledged their commercial team had done zilch to help us on Sponsorship.
We have acknowledged that their High performance team have been great.”

The Senate Inquiry has the chance of finding out IF the ARU had other motives behind this centralised model/Alliance arrangement.

I've heard, from a pretty good source, that the ARU tried twice over recent years to move to a centralised model, and both efforts were scotched by the QRU and NSWRU. Exactly where this fits into the timeframe of the dealings with the Force regarding their licence, I don't know. But it seems there was a genuine desire for a centralised model, which was doomed to failure by certain parties.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Again. Now apparently twiggy was asked for 80 million from twiggy to save the force. The Aru need to just go and die somewhere

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Again. Now apparently twiggy was asked for 80 million from twiggy to save the force. The Aru need to just go and die somewhere

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Twiggy can't give himself $80 million and you guys still blame the ARU..........

M

Moono75

I'm ready to sign up!!

Force Membership 2018.JPG

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
More, $600,000 was a while ago plus the cost of a feasability study into the indo-pacific league plus sponsorship plus future force.

So more than most

And cue Slim coming in to slag Forrest dot dot dot

So the Twig has ponied up , say !Mill. That's great and I hope he puts up the other 49 million in cash this week.

Twig certainly has got a shitload of publicity for himself and his company over the past several weeks and I'll bet ya pounds to peanuts he never deposits the sum of $49,000,000 into the Force coffers.

Reactions: Tex

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
So the Twig has ponied up , say !Mill. That's great and I hope he puts up the other 49 million in cash this week.

Twig certainly has got a shitload of publicity for himself and his company over the past several weeks and I'll bet ya pounds to peanuts he never deposits the sum of $49,000,000 into the Force coffers.
Jeez you're a breath of fresh air on a Saturday morning. Does the sun ever shine in your world? Because it's starting to shine in our part of the world.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez you're a breath of fresh air on a Saturday morning. Does the sun ever shine in your world? Because it's starting to shine in our part of the world.

Sun never really sets here in the Nambour foothills.

Reckon I'm being a realist.

I genuinely hope the Twig does what he says and commits that money to the Force cause.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tall poppy syndrome has well and truly set in with so many questioning Twiggy and his motives and championing for it to all fail before it has begun.

Twiggy isnt the enemy here nor the bad person that the aru if you hadn't forget they were the one in this situation that have been utterly incompetent and deceitful.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Is Twiggy the new Clive Palmer (one of ours)? :)
Ahh so that's why you're so sceptical. Understand now. Been shafted by 1 tosser so all must be the same. Let's all curl up into the foetal position and cop what the ARU gives us. Get on board scrub while you've got the chance before everyone disowns you for being a grumpy bastard all the time. Times are a changing!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Ahh so that's why you're so sceptical. Understand now. Been shafted by 1 tosser so all must be the same. Let's all curl up into the foetal position and cop what the ARU gives us. Get on board scrub while you've got the chance before everyone disowns you for being a grumpy bastard all the time. Times are a changing!

Trouble is Boof, change happens to slow and the damage that continues to be done becomes harder to fix.

There is a very old saying - People resist change !

Palmer is, was and will always be a self promoting goose and yep, unfortunately he is one of ours

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So who is and isn't going tonight to the test match?

I won't be there will be the first test match in Perth I will ever have missed. I won't be going to any future tests either.

Say what you want about that decision but the pain and anger I feel from this decision can not be described and yes I am bitter and I can't wait for the ARU to come crashing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.