• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The game starts at 6:30pm local time I thought. The Foxsports broadcast is delayed.

If Channel 10 are showing the game live nationally it should be on at 8:30pm in the eastern states.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
The game starts at 6:30pm local time I thought. The Foxsports broadcast is delayed.

If Channel 10 are showing the game live nationally it should be on at 8:30pm in the eastern states.

Yes, you're right with start time and Foxsports ch 505 showing delayed broadcast at 8.00pm WA time (10.00pm EST.) Not sure about live on Channel Ten. My program for Channel Ten on Friday shows a 2 hour period 8.30pm to 10.30pm WA Time as "to be advised".

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Just on this subject of sport on FTA, here in Perth Channel Nine are advertising live broadcasting of the National Netball competition. Not sure how popular netball is but with the extra Channels now 9GEM, 7MAAATE etc you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to get World Series Rugby live on FTA.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just on this subject of sport on FTA, here in Perth Channel Nine are advertising live broadcasting of the National Netball competition. Not sure how popular netball is but with the extra Channels now 9GEM, 7MAAATE etc you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to get World Series Rugby live on FTA.

Ten also has 11 and One. So there are options. But with Ten losing the BBL getting it on the network and hopefully putting up a good showing could encourage them to really get on board with the game.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes, you're right with start time and Foxsports ch 505 showing delayed broadcast at 8.00pm WA time (10.00pm EST.) Not sure about live on Channel Ten. My program for Channel Ten on Friday shows a 2 hour period 8.30pm to 10.30pm WA Time as "to be advised".

My WIN (country NSW version of 10) has the same TBA for 8:30-11:30 on Friday night (6:30-9:30) Perth time.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only time will tell how good the current Western Force squad is.

What we do know is:
  1. The current squad is an interim squad that will grow as WSR grows.
  2. Only 20% of the previous WF player group remained in WA after the axing of team which was finally starting to show its potential.
  3. The player group would have been very different if Hodgson had started even a month earlier.
  4. Nevertheless, Hodgson has done a fantastic job of creating a player group in such a short time. The first offers were made on 12 January 2018. At that time no fixture, no opposition, no coaches.
  5. Will the WF in 2018 be world beaters? Let's wait and see - but rest assured they will be competitive.
  6. Why did the players join? Because they had confidence in a player who couldn't get a game with the Tahs but perservered due to his love of rugby and who finally played 140 Super Rugby games and earned 11 Test caps. He's the same player who led the team which thrashed the Waratahs 11:40 Force in the final game before the axing of the franchise.
  7. Hodgson like many others only had a chance to play Super Rugby because a 4th (and then a 5th) Australian Super Rugby franchise was formed. How many young players will be lost to the game as Rugby Australia follows the strategy of "shrink to greatness"?
  8. The Western Force and RugbyWA finally worked to the point where locally grown talent could progress to the professional game without having to play their club rugby in Eastern Australia.
  9. Rugby Fans in WA are rapt with the opportunity to have a season of International professional rugby in Perth as a precursor to the bigger WSR in 2019.
  10. All of this has been achieved without a skerrick of assistance from Rugby Australia; but RA continues to erect many barriers and hurdles. It's pleasing that World Rugby is right behind the initiative including the provision of referees from the International panel.
You're entitled to your opinion southsider but perhaps you'd care to share with the rest of us your credentials which allow you to question the opinion of Hodgson when he talks about the potential of some of the WF players. I can tell you that Hodgson's opinion is shared by coaches Tim Sampson and Van Humphries.

Perhaps it's not Hodgson who is in need of a reality check....
They don’t have to be super rugby standard for wsr to be a success so keen to see what unfolds and hope I get to watch a live broadcast given I can’t go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

They're broadcasting Super Netball nationally of the main channel.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good to see some rugby actually been talked about.

@ Force supporters, who you most interested to see? Deegan to me is probably the one i'll keep most an eye on, hes in a position with probably the least amount of depth in Australia

Btw im a little bit disappointed Louwrens is on the bench :(

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
out of interest, who is refereeing these games? ARU referees? Local WA referees? Invited referees by the competition / governing union?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
out of interest, who is refereeing these games? ARU referees? Local WA referees? Invited referees by the competition / governing union?

Hodgo when interviews yesterday said the refs would be 'flying in' in the next few days not sure who but not local either.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
WSR FTA details:

Western Force v Fiji will be live into Perth on 7TWO from 6.30pm (AWST) Friday and in Sydney and Brisbane on 7mate from 11pm (AEST) on delay (after the AFL). Also a replay from 1pm on Saturday on 7TWO into Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. For Sydney viewers it will lead into the Shute Shield.

Other matches in the series to also feature on FTA on various channels of Seven.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good to see some rugby actually been talked about.

@ Force supporters, who you most interested to see? Deegan to me is probably the one i'll keep most an eye on, hes in a position with probably the least amount of depth in Australia

Btw im a little bit disappointed Louwrens is on the bench :(

Deegan will be one to watch.

Agree re: Louwrens. Hoping that with the new bench rules he gets some good game time. Quite excited to see Fergus Whatsamejig. Also Brad Lacey and Tevin Ferris as local juniors will be great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.