• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
G5S154451.1-1.jpg

Looks good to me, fellas

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
No one outside of the secret squirrel society knows. And maybe not even them.

It's why we have been flogging ourselves to death reading things into every little media report or innocent comment.

At least with a criteria, we could look at it and say either "yep, my team meets that", or, "shit, could be screwed here".

But that is far too black and white.

That and if this criteria actually existed and was released the media and the rugby public would apply it to all 5 clubs. Which would be potentially embarrassing for the ARU as the 3 safe clubs come under the same scrutiny. possibly revealing that they shouldn't be so safe.

D

daz

Clyne is a delusional fool. Sth Africa did the right thing by cutting two teams, did they? Not sure you noticed, but they are only cut from Super Rugby, and still exist for their supporters in another comp.

You just want to make one Oz team extinct, and you can't even do that.

SARU made lemonade for their members. You, Billy and the board are too busy turning your lemons into piss.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Clyne apparently has accepted an invitation to attend Harlequins club next Saturday for lunch where he will be open to questions from the floor. I'd start with:
"Hey Cam, what would you do differently if you could start 2017 over?"

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
View attachment 9547

Looks good to me, fellas

Who will make the final 33?

I'm thinking Coleman, DHP, Tpn, Ainsley & Hardwick with Cowan as the 1st choice LHP replacement if Sio or Robertson go down. THough I personally would have him over Robertson. Robertson is 107kg and looks to have the highest BF % of any of the props. Ledesma rates him because he looks like a prop and could end up being good. Well he's pretty ordinary now. Whereas Cowan is in both great shape and form. If you are going to be that useless around the field, then you need to be destroying the scrum. An example of a 180cm 107kg prop? Nicolas Mas - aka 'the bus'. Now HE was a short, light prop who could do some serious damage. Because he was a unittttt.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Clyne apparently has accepted an invitation to attend Harlequins club next Saturday for lunch where he will be open to questions from the floor. I'd start with:
"Hey Cam, what would you do differently if you could start 2017 over?"

He has accepted and will be there. Invite was sent around to members a while back. At least on GAGRite will be there, asking the hard questions (not this one).

todd4

Jim Clark (26)

I'm thinking Coleman, DHP, Tpn, Ainsley & Hardwick with Cowan as the 1st choice LHP replacement if Sio or Robertson go down. THough I personally would have him over Robertson. Robertson is 107kg and looks to have the highest BF % of any of the props. Ledesma rates him because he looks like a prop and could end up being good. Well he's pretty ordinary now. Whereas Cowan is in both great shape and form. If you are going to be that useless around the field, then you need to be destroying the scrum. An example of a 180cm 107kg prop? Nicolas Mas - aka 'the bus'. Now HE was a short, light prop who could do some serious damage. Because he was a unittttt.

I'm thinking Meakes may get a look-in mainly because he is hard and aggressive & Cheika seems to prefer guys that are combative. He can play 12 or 13.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm thinking Meakes may get a look-in mainly because he is hard and aggressive & Cheika seems to prefer guys that are combative. He can play 12 or 13.

If Cheika persists without Quade and now especially with Hunt out, then absolutely Meakes would be my pick

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If Cheika persists without Quade and now especially with Hunt out, then absolutely Meakes would be my pick
If Hunts and Godwin out Meakes should be in but Beale will be 12. The form he was in before he left/injury then when he was in england is too good too ignore.. This coming from a non Beale fan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Hunts and Godwin out Meakes should be in but Beale will be 12. The form he was in before he left/injury then when he was in england is too good too ignore.. This coming from a non Beale fan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think Cheika would go with Samu Kerevi at 12 (after Beale) or Reece Hodge before Bill Meekes.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Has he learnt to tackle yet? I wouldn't have him in the side until he can be relied on in defense. I am a fan of Hodge at 13.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)

The boss man likes who he likes. I think there's four blokes likely to get a jumper.

Coleman
DHP
TPN
Hardwick
An outside chance is Cowan, although the knock on Pek is he is too small. He has been in ripper form this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.