• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Force have made a buttload of changes. Scoble starts, Matuauto coming in for Tapuai and Prior at 10.

1. Van Wyk
2. Scoble
3. Faulkner
4. Mafi
5. Coleman
6. Cottrell
7. Hodgo
8. McCalman
9. Mathewson
10. Prior
11. Morahan
12. Rasolea
13. Matuauto
14. Brache
15. DHP

16. Rangi
17. Heiberg
18. Millar
19. RHP
20. Stander
21. Louwrens
22. Godwin
23. Mesirewa

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Tessman is only out injured for one week? Either way it is a great opportunity for Scoble.

He's already got a bench spot lined up at the least for the rest of the season with Charles out injured.

Good to see Morahan back from injury.

Prior at 10 is interesting. Really getting to desperation stakes. In some ways I'm surprised they aren't playing Godwin there instead.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Jaco van Heerden
Assistant Referees: Rohan Hoffman, Damien Mitchelmore
TMO: Ian Smith

EDIT: Bulls (revised): 15 SP Marais, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Francois Brummer, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Arno Botha, 6 Lappies Labuschagne, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Adriaan Strauss (c), 1 Trevor Nyakane. Replacements: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Jannes Kirsten, 20 Roelof Smit, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Dries Swanepoel

Jason Jenkins out (pec injury), big reshuffle in the 4-7 spots e.g. Botha from 4 to 7 (remembering a Sethficken 7 is generally everyone elses 6) & Marvin Orie to debut.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/late-change-hands-orie-debut-start/

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is the Irish boy from the Rebels no with you lads? Scoble playing from a young local talent point of view I'd get, but who's Rangi?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is the Irish boy from the Rebels no with you lads? Scoble playing from a young local talent point of view I'd get, but who's Rangi?
No idea what has happened to Tom Sexton. Anaru Rangi is listed as playing for the Perth Spirit in the NRC so seems to be a locally based player (albeit born in NZ).

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rangi had some good moments in the NRC. Has did Prior at 10 in fact.

But that bench is a real worry.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I don't like Prior at 10, I don't think he's a back up 10 and they should have grabbed the best young guy out of Premier grade.

I do like Scoble getting his run on and 4 to 8 is obviously good. Got me stuffed how Rasolea keeps 12 if Godwins fit.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I don't like Prior at 10, I don't think he's a back up 10 and they should have grabbed the best young guy out of Premier grade.

I do like Scoble getting his run on and 4 to 8 is obviously good. Got me stuffed how Rasolea keeps 12 if Godwins fit.

Lance
Grant
Burton
Prior
Godwin
Thats the 10 order.

I think Kyle is still a bit hesistant coming back from injury.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Dont think the team rate Sexton at all. Rangi is from Nedlands.
I'm not saying I rate Sexton, just that it's a little odd they'd pick a clubbie (regardless of how good he may be) over someone not only contracted, but having been in the professional (and Academy) system in both Ireland and Australia since leaving high school, particularly when we're talking injuries to your number 1 and 2 hookers, not say the 2 and 3.

Nice to see locals playing anyway. Hope the Rebels get to that point sometime so we don't have to bring in a Dallan Murphy, albeit given the team that played the Blues in Preseason, if the injuries had been to different areas, we might have seen the same.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
On a positive note for the Force.....
Kicking on goal has been a problem for years but so far this year the kicking on goal has been 29 from 31 - 94%.

Kickers have been Jono Lance (11/12), Peter Grant (16/17), Ian Prior (1/1) and Ben Tapuai (1/1).

Hope Ian Prior can stay on the park this weekend.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
On a positive note for the Force...
Kicking on goal has been a problem for years but so far this year the kicking on goal has been 29 from 31 - 94%.

Kickers have been Jono Lance (11/12), Peter Grant (16/17), Ian Prior (1/1) and Ben Tapuai (1/1).

Hope Ian Prior can stay on the park this weekend.

Agree your kicking has been good but you have so missed Jono Lance's work at 10. You'd have won a couple of the close losses with him on the park. IMO Prior will be at least as good as Grant in general play. You don't lose that much in general play if Godwin comes on at 10, but his kicking is attrocious.

M

Moono75

Its a scouting crap shoot for the rest of the season. Find out who can cut it at Super rugby level now before the broom comes in to sweep the place out at the end of the year. Foley has heard the jungle drums and is playing guys in the hopes of grabbing a couple of wins at the back end of the season.

A loss to the Bulls and the Sunwolves will just about do it for him.

Rain forecast for the game so expect the Bulls to muscle it up in the forwards and maul it over for tries. Only hope for the Force is to find a hidden gem among the new talent and hope they have the games of their lives. All planets need to align for us to grab the points here.

Soggy beers predicted, a top notch Red on standby to sooth the soul :D

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rain forecast for the game so expect the Bulls to muscle it up in the forwards and maul it over for tries. Only hope for the Force is to find a hidden gem among the new talent and hope they have the games of their lives. All planets need to align for us to grab the points here.

Absolutely bucketed down in the same fixture last year.

And it was a win to the Force!

M

Moono75

We all hope for a win but we have to be realistic. We haven't been tracking that well since the start of 2015 and losing becomes a habit and exudes a negative mind set through out the whole team and organisation.

Hodgo was on 6PR (local radio) the other night and they asked him about how much work was put into the teams mental preparation (sports psychology). Surprised to hear very little. He actually said when things go bad on-field the younger guys and more experienced guys drop their heads and don't know how to respond. Well lets add that up.....the younger guys and the older guys basically means the whole bloody team!

To me that's a red flag to a bull. It's basically telling your opponent......if you guys get us down on the scoreboard early we are cactus and don't have the resolve to come back. Not what you want to be hearing from a supposed professional sporting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.