• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Cheetahs

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugbywhisperer

The Force just seem to lack something thatmakes the wins easier.
They have the players but just can't seem to get an attack organised.
AND - what was with the JOC (James O'Connor) story - the entire 1st half he touched the ball 3 times, they were protecting him something fierce and it stiffled their attack not having a 12 that is or could be used.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Giteau looks like their best player every match, and yet there's something about his play that's not working. He does everything himself, and doesn't play a team game to get his 12 and 13 involved (because they're too busy running sideways to keep on his outside).

It's interesting to see Ione get more opportunities at the Wallabies and the Reds than he got at the Force. Gits just doesn't use his backs well.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The impression I got from that much was that Giteau and Pocock carry the team - the two standout players. Then there's Brown, Mitchell and Cross. Then a few handy players, like Cummins, Horua, etc who do their job well at S14 level. Then there's a LOT of passengers...most of them in the tight 5.

You're right scarfie - there's something not quite right with the Force play. Their backline isn't clicking really at all, and the tight forwards just aren't doing their job which makes it all harder.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pocock is a champion he is that far ahead of Phil Waugh it's not funny, I know last year a lot of people were saying the same thing & he dropped off a little at the end but I can't see it happening this year.

Brown is the best #8 in the country he & pocok were the only forwards giving the Force front foot ball all the others just got smashed backwards.

Player power isn't helping the Force as Nathan Sharpe has cemented his spot in the centres & the best 2nd rower Tom Hockings is on the bench.

Giteau needs to run straight simple as that he crowds Cross all the time, JOC (James O'Connor) looked dangerous with ball in hand.

The good point is that the Force are playing crap at the start of the year so hopefully they'll finish strong.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
i thought our tight 5 got much better this week. our scrumming was passable by s14 standard against a decent scrummaging pack.
still... our tight 5 has issues. why is that pat oconnor guy starting. he never does anything.

whilst gitts is amazing BUT i think it would be better if we moved him back to 12. this would mean he can still be gitts but he wouldnt need to BE the team. it just doesnt work, everyone know what he is about to do. he always either loops round or gives the ball to nathan at 13.

sigh... my boys have work to do.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
With Staniforth coming back I don't see Gits getting moved to 12. It's needed, though. Maybe now that they know he's gone at the end of the year, they'll be looking at a few 10 options.

P

PhucNgo

I thought the most positive thing to come out of this game was the comeback of Josh Valentine. I'm not normally generous with my praise of him but I thought his service was top notch, his options well chosen and importantly he didn't overplay his hand. Good job well done and should make the TOTW.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
PhucNgo said:
I thought the most positive thing to come out of this game was the comeback of Josh Valentine. I'm not normally generous with my praise of him but I thought his service was top notch, his options well chosen and importantly he didn't overplay his hand. Good job well done and should make the TOTW.

Agreed. The backline looked far more slick with him at 9. Thought it was an OK performance from a team that seems to lack the killer edge and put sides away. They certainly have the personnel to score some points, but rarely put it all together. Saying that, the Cheetahs are a decent side and are no easybeats. Hope the Tahs recognise this or else there may be some egg on certain Waratah faces come next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.