• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Before anyone forgets, there's actually OTHER games on this week, including the warmup game: Force v Chiefs. Not sure who to tip here, think I am leaning to the Chiefs in a close one. What do others think?

Brown out for the Force. Lauaki out of the Chiefs - but that may be a good thing. Still no Mils for the Chiefs either, but Kahui returns.

Chiefs scrum has been very average this year. Force scrum has been even more average than the Chiefs. The Force won't want to be beaten in this area.

Chiefs:
Sosene Anesi, Lelia Masaga, Richard Kahui, Callum Bruce, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard, Liam Messam (captain), Serge Lilo, Tanerau Latimer, Kevin O'Neill, Craig Clarke, James McGougan, Aled de Malmanche, Ben May.

Reserves: Hika Elliot, Joe Savage, Toby Lynn, Colin Bourke, Toby Morland, Mike Delany, Jackson Willison.

Force:
15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Nick Cummins, 13 Ryan Cross, 12 Junior Pelesasa, 11 Cameron Shepherd, 10 Matt Giteau, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 Matt Hodgson, 7 David Pocock, 6 Tamaiti Horua, 5 Nathan Sharpe (c), 4 Tom Hockings, 3 Ben Castle, 2 Tai McIsaac, 1 Pek Cowan.
Replacements:16 Luke Holmes, 17 AJ Whalley, 18 David Pusey, 19 Richard Stanford, 20 Chris O?Young, 21 James O?Connor, 22 Haig Sare.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Difficult to pick a winner.

Many of the Force's players are average, while others are very average, some are extremely average and a few are uniquely average.

Similarly, the Chiefs have some totally average, some modestly average and some ridiculously average players but none who are uniquely average.

The Force's performances this year have been constantly average and those of the Chiefs consistently average.

I forecast an average draw, with average quality play producing average tries, although the kicking might be very average.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
Difficult to pick a winner.

Many of the Force's players are average, while others are very average, some are extremely average and a few are uniquely average.

Similarly, the Chiefs have some totally average, some modestly average and some ridiculously average players but none who are uniquely average.

The Force's performances this year have been constantly average and those of the Chiefs consistently average.

I forecast an average draw, with average quality play producing average tries, although the kicking might be very average.
The best part about your post is you can also use the word "ordinary"...or "crap"...or....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
will be odd to have all Australian games over and done with on Friday evening.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, the Chiefs have 3 losses on the trot and have been pretty average. Not only average, but they did their damn best to lose against the Sharks, and lose they did. The Chiefs will really be hurting at home and despite the loss of Mils, they should be up for restoring some lacking pride.

Force are good on the road and have been playing very well in the backs. Just their tight forwards have been getting the seven shades of shit beaten out of them. NZ teams tend to be able to exploit forward dominance more than Australian teams traditionally, so I'd back the Chiefs, but in a close one.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I forecast the Cheifs giving Ben Castle an extra special welcome home

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Force first up defence was woeful - way too many tackles fallen off to gift Chiefs tries off some good running. Both teams were a little average, but the real difference was the defence, where the Force well and truly stunk.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its funny you know - I was watching the PlanetRugby live call refreshing on my screen while watching a game from last week in another window. I saw them mention that Mitchell uncharacteristically dropping the ball and I chuckled. I'll bet he never drops his beer....

Status
Not open for further replies.