• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Brumbies, Round 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Force to be reeling from the previous fixture between the two in the Capital. Expecting them to ambush the ponies!

Force by 30!

I lied.
Brumbies by 10

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Bairdy, you are dreaming. The Force are a shambles with no one having played anything but touch footy for four weeks, players being cut, have nothing to play for and are the usual general wreckage we have come to expect from them. The Brumbies will smoke them, I expect the 12 or 14 people who turn up to watch to be flat out keeping track with the score. Brumbies to win by the biggest score this year in S15 and the Force to secure the wooden spoon.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Bairdy, you are dreaming. The Force are a shambles with no one having played anything but touch footy for four weeks, players being cut, have nothing to play for and are the usual general wreckage we have come to expect from them. The Brumbies will smoke them, I expect the 12 or 14 people who turn up to watch to be flat out keeping track with the score. Brumbies to win by the biggest score this year in S15 and the Force to secure the wooden spoon.

You must have missed the fine print mate.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ha! Good to see another one eyed Brumbies supporter

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I would be careful with bold predictions on this match - we all remember what happened with the Kings, and the Force at home are always a spirited team to beat.

Brumbies need a bonus point win for a chance to top the final standings, the Force will be playing pressure free rugby, which sometime can result in outstanding performance. Plus they'll want to avenge the rout in Canberra.

Form suggests Brumbies to start as favourites, but this could turn into an ugly ambush if they are not focused and on top of their game. Let's not forget the Force beat the Reds and Crusaders this year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force are at their most dangerous when the odds are stacked against them. I don't see us beating the Brumbies but with McMeniman and Cummins back we should at least put up a good fight. The players might still have something to prove from the Waratahs game.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
In reality, the biggest problem with the Force is goal kicking and overall strategy. Foley is a great skills coach but never really set the strategy world on fire.

Biggest chance for the Force is to try and out perform the Brumbies forwards. If To'omua isn't getting good ball, the backline becomes useless in attack.

Biggest danger for the Force is that their backline doesn't fire. They've shown how powerful in defense and dangerous in attack they are, but also seen how they can fall off of the easiest of tackles and drop the best passes.

In reality, the Force know they have to win with a bonus point to not lose the Australian conference. They perform best when a team doesn't show respect or name their best team, but the Brumbies will be naming the best they can and haven't disrespected an opposition since the Kings. I expect a safe plan from the Brumbies which will, in the end, secure at least 3 tries and as many penalty goals. The Force could pull out 3 tries at most but without a solid goalkicker they just won't match the Brumbies.

So, revision to my earlier, super confident prediction: Brumbies 30, Force 10.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
About this time last year watched Force play Brumbies and saw an impressive and positive performance by a number 8 for the Force in Locky McCaffery. Have watched the Force lose a number of close games this year and whilst their forwards cannot be doubted for their effort they do not appear to threaten oppositions when they have gained field position. McCaffery certainly was a threat. Surely Foley must give him a go.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies:

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Ben Mowen
9. Ian Prior
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruan Smith
18. Fotu Auelua
19. George Smith
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Andrew Smith
22. Robbie Coleman

Allsports

Stan Wickham (3)
Bugger ... No Nic White & George on bench. Brumbies still look too good. Great depth they have developed. Brumbies by 15. Would have gone 30 if they had White's kicking game out there.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No need to rush George back, and Fainga'a has been in career best form.......

Hopefully White will be good to go for the finals........

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Poor kicking and strategy at the force - sounds just like the waratahs last year, I wonder what the connection could be there?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
To be fair, the Tahs had some good goal kickers in Barnes and McKibbon. Foley just isn't a strategy coach. He is, however, a great skills coach. I wish the Force would just sign Damien Hill already to get a strategy coach.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Richard Brown and Brett Sheehans last game with he force. Prob also Cummins as it looks like he has priced himself out of the market and is off over seas. Cheers ARU..........

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies have named a very strong team, with an eye to a bonus point win presumably. Also, all players have more recent game time, either with the Wallabies or against the Lions, than the Force. Brumbies to win by around 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.