• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Rebels - Rd4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Link's got a tough job on hand, has to fit Palu, Higginbotham, Fardy and McCalman into 3. Add in Liam Gill for a backrow bench spot as well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Link's got a tough job on hand, has to fit Palu, Higginbotham, Fardy and McCalman into 3. Add in Liam Gill for a backrow bench spot as well.

Not that hard, Fardy 6/Bench Higgenbotham 6/8/bench Palu 8, McCalman at home on the sofa.

Gill on the bench if you need 7 cover for Hooper but his still number 2 at 7..0

My backrow with out Pocock would be 6 Fardy 7 Hooper 8 Palu (on current form). Higgers as the super sub.

I love McCalman's passion, but he falls behind the others, and is the league of Quirk Shatz, Dennis, Jones, etc.

If you want a bench for impact that is a Higgers/Fardy off skill. Tend to lean to Higgers as he seems to have had his best games in internationals as a super sub.

Fardy could end up in the second row as well, which puts them all on the field...

This is also leaving out Mowen..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's very harsh on McCalman, he's definitely a league ahead of Schatz and Dennis but probably below Higginbotham and Palu. Maybe Fardy should go lock.

Your Probably right, but I think his been found wanting at test level, but as you say rightly he is above Schatz and Dennis at super level. Actually that's harsh on Dennis his above Schatz too in experience and skill maybe not potential.. so sorry

I would love to see Fardy move to the second row so we can get someone else into the back row.. Because Fardy is just as good at both... But seems Link see's him as a 6...

I would also throw out Noodles Kilman when his back next year if tit for hands can play like he did last year (Catch the ball) he would be in front of McCalman, Schatz, Dennis and at a pinch his better then Higgers and Fardy... Probably the Red hair makes him more angry :)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Your Probably right, but I think his been found wanting at test level, but as you say rightly he is above Schatz and Dennis at super level. Actually that's harsh on Dennis his above Schatz too in experience and skill maybe not potential.. so sorry

I would love to see Fardy move to the second row so we can get someone else into the back row.. Because Fardy is just as good at both. But seems Link see's him as a 6.

I would also throw out Noodles Kilman when his back next year if tit for hands can play like he did last year (Catch the ball) he would be in front of McCalman, Schatz, Dennis and at a pinch his better then Higgers and Fardy. Probably the Red hair makes him more angry :)
Don't forget to throw Jordan Smiler's name into the mix for the Wallabies. He's clearly in the same league as Fardy, Higginbotham and Palu.

But back to the game.........
I certainly would prefer the team to come out of the blocks so intensely and trail off in the second half, then start slow and start playing in the second half (ala the Brumbies against us), but the fact we shut up shop in the second half is worrying.

A strong win, though, and hopefully the boy's celebrate all of Hodgo's milestones from now on! Play for his 101st match!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This game was the perfect example of how much rugby at this level is played between the ears.

Wrong attitude = owned

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It really goes to show that a coach should pick who they think is their best team for the first round and work from there.

Preseason and trials are where you get to chop and change and work out your best team.

Getting smashed should the be only situation where you make substantial changes, not coming off a strong win.

D

daz

I've been away for the long weekend, so I thought I should stop by and congratulate the Force for a simply stunning display of "take no prisoners" attacking rugby.

And to the Force supporters, well played lads. You did us like a dinner and you won the off-field battle!

See you on the return leg!

Status
Not open for further replies.