• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Waratahs - Super Rugby R17 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
southsider, you describe Greg Petersen as "another example" of someone of whom a coach would say "this guy simply isn't talented enough he doesnt deserve it". The inevitable inference is that this also applies to Will Skelton.

Defensive much? Have a cup of tea and a think.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure I'm following the southsider @ BruceRoss Pfitzy debate but it reminded of a reaction I had watching this game.
I'm not a fan of size for sizes sake.
I'm sceptical of the next big thing.
But I reckon will Skelton could be something very special based on what I saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whets with all this hyperbowl about Skelton. Jeez. He had 1 good game against a Shit force side.
I just like the cut of his jib, its hardly hyperbole, and its not based on that game alone. He does some little things very well and he ain't lazy, unlike some of his Tahs buddies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
It seems the Gods of Sport punished the Force: low attendance, bad game and a loss home against the Waratahs B team.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Whets with all this hyperbowl about Skelton. Jeez. He had 1 good game against a Shit force side.

He had several good appearances off the bench before that, and on the day - in his first starting run in a heavily depleted pack - outplayed several established Super level players, almost single handedly stopping the Force using their rolling maul. All at the age of 21 in his rookie season.

THAT is what all the hyperbole is about. But it is based in the bedrock of a good performance.

I can only assume from your language skills and your failure to grasp the worthiness of his performance that you, sir, are a back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I look forward to years of innuendo about Big Willie at Waratahs games.

Big Willie certainly penetrated those Force rolling mauls well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
true, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere where a coach says "this guy simply isnt talented enough he doesnt deserve it". Another example is greg peterson, isnt dominant in the SS, why is he in the tahs then?

why?

he was signed from schoolboys on a development contract, he hasn't developed

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
He had several good appearances off the bench before that, and on the day - in his first starting run in a heavily depleted pack - outplayed several established Super level players, almost single handedly stopping the Force using their rolling maul. All at the age of 21 in his rookie season.

THAT is what all the hyperbole is about. But it is based in the bedrock of a good performance.

I can only assume from your language skills and your failure to grasp the worthiness of his performance that you, sir, are a back.
Haha.

I thought any competent ref would of penalised the tahs for there disruption of the mauls. They came in from the side and pushed all the force players over at one stage. As for the spelling. I blame the iPhone!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Haha.

I thought any competent ref would of penalised the tahs for there disruption of the mauls. They came in from the side and pushed all the force players over at one stage. As for the spelling. I blame the iPhone!

I see you let the scurrilous suggestion that you were a back,go straight thru to the keeper?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
southsider, you describe Greg Petersen as "another example" of someone of whom a coach would say "this guy simply isn't talented enough he doesnt deserve it". The inevitable inference is that this also applies to Will Skelton.

If what the young bloke did on Sunday is indicative of his true potential - and I admit even I was surprised by his exceptional work rate and creativity in the maul - we may have unearthed an exceptional second rower and one who because of his size could have the potential to be a real crowd drawer, almost unique for a tight forward.

One of us has no ability to spot rugby talent.

Wrong, I was refering to "another one" who had been signed based on their size. The jury is still out on his talent, im not going to say he isn't worthy after just one full game and couple of bench apperances.

and please remove whatever is firmly rammed up your backside! Im sorry im clearly not as talented as yourself at player identification but at least im able to make impartial comments without my club ties constantly getting in the way.....

Richo

John Thornett (49)
As for the spelling. I blame the iPhone!

Why did you teach it to spell "hyperbowl"? Mine does "hyperbole" just fine, although it does like a good "hyper owl" -- something mice have learned to dread on nights when the moon is full.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Why did you teach it to spell "hyperbowl"? Mine does "hyperbole" just fine, although it does like a good "hyper owl" -- something mice have learned to dread on nights when the moon is full.

the Hyperbowl is an NFL game, played between the winner of the SuperBowl and the winner of the RoseBowl, over the course of 18 hours (allowing for commercial breaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.