• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Daniel finished a creditable 3rd (256 points) in the World Drivers' Championship, and of immense satisfaction to him, I would think, he finished ahead of Vettel, (212 points)!!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Daniel finished a creditable 3rd (256 points) in the World Drivers' Championship, and of immense satisfaction to him, I would think, he finished ahead of Vettel, (212 points)!!

To be fair to Seb, he had 3 retirements and 1 DNS, while Danny Ric only finished out of the points once (Russia). Still, Ricciardo did well and deserved P3 in the championship

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
In life, as in business, it's a smart person who "knows when to hold it and when to fold it"!
Nico Rosberg, by announcing his retirement at the age of 31, is a smart man!
F1 was his 'life' as well as his 'business'.
Now he can move on to the next stage of that life. Good luck, Nico.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rosberg's career stats:

206 entries
206 starts
30 pole positions
20 fastest laps
1594.5 points
57 podiums
23 wins
1 World Championship

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So that came from left field. So who will get the drive? I like the Bottas option - could be a win for Williams financially.

So I wonder now if Mercedes will still discipline their only driver?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Also something else - I will be going to the 2017 Australian Grand Prix!!!

Torpedo, I've been to the AGP, when it was held at Warwick Farm Motor Racing Circuit, Sydney, in the 1960's! Went there whenever I had the chance (I was at boarding school at the time), having supplied false information to my Housemaster, as to my destination!
I loved the Production Sedan racing, with Norm Beechey being my favourite, (and the favourite of thousands of others), many of whom joined me at 'Creek Corner'............. Great memories!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So that came from left field. So who will get the drive? I like the Bottas option - could be a win for Williams financially.

So I wonder now if Mercedes will still discipline their only driver?

Maldonado pls

In other news, a mid-30's Spanish gentleman was seen driving at high speed on the M40 in a Mercedes AMG GT, heading north from Woking to Brackley

Reactions: mst

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Something else I forgot: The Frech GP will apparently return for 2018 @ Circuit Paul Ricard - near Toulon, Marseille & Monaco for a reference point

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Torpedo, have you ever tried to watch "Formula E"?

I have tried a couple of times, and it's bloody hard work! A bit of tyre screeching, and the sound of a fleet of hair-dryers.
If this is the future of motor racing, then, (after 52 years), I'm switching to Synchronized Swimming!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Torpedo, have you ever tried to watch "Formula E"?

I have tried a couple of times, and it's bloody hard work! A bit of tyre screeching, and the sound of a fleet of hair-dryers.
If this is the future of motor racing, then, (after 52 years), I'm switching to Synchronized Swimming!

Tired it a couple times. It isn't that bad.

Watched the first race ever and saw Nicolas Prost take out Nick Heidfeld

Also: Williams are rumoured to be negotiating with Felipe Baby to come out of retirement to replace Bottas if he joins the Mercs

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Results:

Pascal Wherlein pulled out due to the back injury from the ROC, Antonio Giovinazzi subbing for him (1st Italian to start a race since Jarno Trulli & Vitantonio Liuzzi in the 2011 Brazilian GP)

Hamilton pole, Ricciardo binned it in quali, finished 10th.

Danny got a 5 place grid penalty, starting 15th....................until his car got stuck in 6th on one of the reconnaissance laps - would start from the pitlane, 2 laps down, and eventually suffer terminal engine failure after 25-30-odd laps

Sebastian Vettel used strategy to jump Hamilton and eventually won by 10 seconds from Lewis.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Antonio Giovinazzi will still drive for Sauber - Wehrlein out until either Bahrain or Russian GP.

Also - this year will be the last year that the Malaysian GP will be held

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rumours circling that the race could be moved to Saturday - meeting @ 10am tomorrow local time to decide (12pm AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.