1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Four Nations 2012

Discussion in 'The Gold Brigade - Wallabies Supporters Group' started by kronic, May 29, 2012.

1. kronic John Solomon (38)

2. FANATIC Fred Wood (13)

Los Pumas v Wallabies
    Rosario, Argentina on the 6th October 2012
    It is closer than you think.
    We Love Rugby have 2 and 5 day packages that include an exclusive supporters function the day before the match.
    We are keen to go on what will be the first 4N Wallabies tour to Argentina.
    No visas or shots needed for Argentina.
  3. kronic John Solomon (38)

Details sent out regarding the first test in Sydney.
  4. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

The presale is open. You need a MyRugby ID number to get in.
  5. kronic John Solomon (38)

Yep. The ARU haven't put the offer up yet for section 119 :mad:
  6. kronic John Solomon (38)

I just called up and requested the area, got the last row in bronze, before silver.
  7. kronic John Solomon (38)

Pre-game meet up for Bledisloe 1 in Sydney, August 18:

The Brewery
    Dawn Fraser Av, Olympic Park (across from the Stadium)

A few of us coming up should be there from 4pm.
  8. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

I'd consider somewhere else if you are going to be there from 4pm. Expensive mid strength alcohol wont be too fun.
  9. kronic John Solomon (38)

Have a suggestion nearby?
  10. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

But if that's not the point of meeting there then it is the closest.
  11. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

Off the top of my head your best choices would be either Concord West (closest and technically walkable) or Strathfield (you can jump on the train that will take you to the game).
  12. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

And I guess if you are planning to be vocal then The Brewery is probably better.
    kronic likes this.
  13. Ollie Frank Row (1)

Hi all...I received the email from The Troup re: the 4pm meeting at The Brewery...but what if that is too long a wait? I mean, I arrive in Sydney at lunchtime! ;)
  14. Badger Bill McLean (32)

As Matty K mentioned, The Concord, owned by former Wallaby Bill Young, will be busy as its probably the closest pub to Olympic Park that's not there. Lots of people park on the streets around Concord West station and have a few beers before walking over to the ground which will take about 30 minutes. So don't worry if you're coming in from interstate, there will be plenty of people walking over. Sometimes, they offer a bus service that takes you to the ground and back. Not sure if it is running on 18 August though.

If this is an option, catch the northern line train that goes to Epping and get off at Concord West. If you're coming in from the city, the pub is on your right. You'll be able to see the ground in the distance when you get off the train on your left. Your ticket includes public transport to the game so you should be able to get off at Concord West instead.
  15. kronic John Solomon (38)

Screw that. If it takes more than a 10 minute walk, it's not worth it.
  16. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Have you been to Sydney Olympic Park before? If not, some would say that it is not worth it in general. It seems the idea is to get you in and out ASAP.
  17. kronic John Solomon (38)

Been there plenty of times.
  18. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Then you know it isn't the best of places for pre and post match activities.
  19. kronic John Solomon (38)

The brewery will do for pre. Post, most of us VIC lads are heading back into the city.
    matty_k and Badger like this.
  20. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

Where are you staying?