• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France Sack coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's hard to see this as anything but the ideal preparation for the French to take on the All Blacks.

Their team is in disarray, they've ditched their coach and are coaching themselves. All their ducks are finally in a row.

I think the final piece of the puzzle would be for their coach (the one with wheels, not PSA) not to turn up and them having to walk to Millennium Stadium from their hotel through the streets of Cardiff.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Welsh did the same in 03 apparently and produced 2 of the most amazing games (losses) against New Zealand and England.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's hard to see this as anything but the ideal preparation for the French to take on the All Blacks.

Their team is in disarray, they've ditched their coach and are coaching themselves. All their ducks are finally in a row.

I think the final piece of the puzzle would be for their coach (the one with wheels, not PSA) not to turn up and them having to walk to Millennium Stadium from their hotel through the streets of Cardiff.

They also have to do something a bit unusual when facing the haka.

The flying V last time was pretty cool but not quite as good as when they got up close in 2007 and Chabal looked like he was going to kill someone. They could do that again (and cop the fine), or maybe try a human pyramid or something.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They also have to do something a bit unusual when facing the haka.

The flying V last time was pretty cool but not quite as good as when they got up close in 2007 and Chabal looked like he was going to kill someone. They could do that again (and cop the fine), or maybe try a human pyramid or something.

Absolutely. I reckon they should burn either an effigy of Philippe Saint-Andre or a replica of the Rainbow Warrior.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well done, Francois/Jacques/Jean-Pierre, THAT'S the way to take on the ABs. France by 15. ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I fondly remember the 1996 test when the Wallabies chose to ignore the haka..................

The Welsh got trounced by a similar margin ten years later when they forced the All Blacks to do the haka in the change room..................

History would appear to show that disrespecting the challenge doesn't end well.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
French Team Meeting with PSA. Seriously, I can't understand French Rugby sometimes.

dragon_rock_sml2.jpg

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I fondly remember the 1996 test when the Wallabies chose to ignore the haka......

The Welsh got trounced by a similar margin ten years later when they forced the All Blacks to do the haka in the change room......

History would appear to show that disrespecting the challenge doesn't end well.
Is it respecting the challenge to make an adidas commercial out of it?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is it respecting the challenge to make an adidas commercial out of it?

I've never seen a team respond to the haka by creating an Adidas commercial, but that would certainly be an enterprising response, although likely not allowed under World Rugby's sponsorship guidelines.........

Status
Not open for further replies.