• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Freier gooooonnnnee ... etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Badly torn bicep. Ouch.

The NSW Waratahs have suffered a major blow by losing hooker Adam Freier for the rest of the Super 14 season with a badly torn bicep.

Freier sustained the injury after coming off the bench in Friday night's 21-11 loss to the Brumbies in Canberra.

NSW's loss of the 25-Test rake for the rest of their 2009 campaign propels 19-year-old Damien Fitzpatrick into the Super 14 arena.

Fitzpatrick, the 2007 Australian Schoolboys captain, is set to be on the bench for Saturday's clash against the Crusaders.

It also puts the heat on first-choice hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau who has shared starting duties with Freier this season.

AAP

S

Spook

Gimli is gone for the season. Will we see him in a Tah jersey again?

S

Spook

Force might nab him and Leinster already have Jackman. Cheika's future at Leinster will depend on whether thet deliever in the Heineken Cup.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Spook said:
Force might nab him and Leinster already have Jackman. Cheika's future at Leinster will depend on whether thet deliever in the Heineken Cup.

The Force would be Smart to buy him, he is a real pro, not everyone's favourite player, but a leader. Buying him and investing in Holmes and another youngster would make sense.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
isnt there also talk of Cheika going to the Force? I know they've said they will stick with Mitch, but apparently other coaches are being sounded out.

S

Spook

The Tahs or Brumbies should be looking to recruit David Knox as a backline coach. He is temperamental but knows his stuff.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
fatprop said:
Spook said:

The Force would be Smart to buy him, he is a real pro, not everyone's favourite player, but a leader. Buying him and investing in Holmes and another youngster would make sense.

The Force have a highly rated rake in their Academy, called Ben Whitaker (I think). Don't know much about him. I don't think it's a "smart" thing to chase Freier, I think it's a dumb thing not to. The Force would be stupid not to throw cash at Freier and Dunning, etc.

Thing is, isn't Freier signed for 2 years or so? Could've sworn he signed a new contract at the end of last year, expressing his desire to stay in NSW and be the no. 1 hooker there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ash said:
fatprop said:
Spook said:

The Force have a highly rated rake in their Academy, called Ben Whitaker (I think). Don't know much about him. I don't think it's a "smart" thing to chase Freier, I think it's a dumb thing not to. The Force would be stupid not to throw cash at Freier and Dunning, etc.

Thing is, isn't Freier signed for 2 years or so? Could've sworn he signed a new contract at the end of last year, expressing his desire to stay in NSW and be the no. 1 hooker there.

yep, I've got him as being signed till 2010. TPN however...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Spook said:
The Tahs or Brumbies should be looking to recruit David Knox as a backline coach. He is temperamental but knows his stuff.

Knoxy's a bloody good coach of backs but he suffers from the Melrose malady. Why do you think Leinster dispensed with his services even though his Randwick mate Cheika remained head coach?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Lindommer said:
Spook said:

Knoxy's a bloody good coach of backs but he suffers from the Melrose malady. Why do you think Leinster dispensed with his services even though his Randwick mate Cheika remained head coach?

Is it because he's a penis ?

P

PhucNgo

He will be sadly missed by the Tahs, whatever happens. For mine he is the consumate professional rugby player. He may not be the biggest package going around, but there's not too much more that you could put into a package of his size. I ran into him (not literally of course) in the carpark of the QVB just before Christmas (when I was mild manneredly going about buying Mrs Ngo a presy) and had to do a double take. He was huge. Obviously doing some serious overtime in the gym, which ironically, may have been his undoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.