• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Friday night Rugby, what can be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Sadly we are at the time of the year where we have no games on a Friday evening, what is there to look forward to while working?

I think that now we are into the finals and Test season maybe the ARU should try to use the gap in programming on a Friday night to launch another level of Rugby for us to watch.

I would love to see games with development squads or juniors from each province playing on a Friday night on Fox, maybe look at a double header each week (with a bye each week for one team next year) between the S14/S15 teams.

Any players not picked for Wallaby selection could play to keep fit as a backup against fringe players, the only downside is that it will draw away from Club games

I would like to see them played at smaller ground or preferably in regional areas but it must be on TV. It may not be a ratings winner but if fills a gap for FOX Sports and allows us fans to continue with games on a Friday night.

What else could fill the gap on TV?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
i would love to see a domestic competetion, but we've all discussed this before and stuff like that aint gonna happen soon by the looks of it

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah, we can call it the Australian Rugby Championship... and give away a car! Oh wait...

T

TOCC

they could always try and get a Brisbane Premier Grade/Shute Shield Match broadcast on the ABC every Friday night, alternating between the two competitions each weekend.

I believe i heard that the cost of getting a match broadcast every weekend for the season was about $100'000, it would seem in the best interest of the ARU to come up with this money.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
TOCC said:
they could always try and get a Brisbane Premier Grade/Shut Shield Match broadcast on the ABC every Friday night, alternating between the two competitions each weekend.

I believe i heard that the cost of getting a match broadcast every weekend for the season was about $100'000, it would seem in the best interest of the ARU to come up with this money.

I would watch it, rugby supporters get in the habit of watching a game on Fridays and even if it is not the same level as S14/15 it would still get viewers.

R

RugbyGal

Hey Dooswyn! How you been.

Luckily we have the CC starting soon! :yay

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
with the league double header on channel nine on fridays doing huge numbers, i think union should go after saturday night far more.

a free to air game on abc on a saturday would give people without fox sport to watch and make alot more financial sense than attacking the flagship nrl games of the round.

R

rugbywhisperer

RugbyGal said:
Hey Dooswyn! How you been.
Luckily we have the CC starting soon! :yay

What the!!!!
Doing personal greetings now are we?

R

RugbyGal

Seeing I am using this thread for my own personal usage! :lmao:

Happy Birthday Dooswyn! :yay

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
RugbyGal said:
Seeing I am using this thread for my own personal usage! :lmao:

Happy Birthday Dooswyn! :yay
:lmao: Doos Wyn is what I call him on our SARugby.com forum. He give us some Aussie insight there, only see his avator now, its suppose to be Doos Bier.

Happy Birthday Boet! :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.