• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fuck the French

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just accidentally came accross the France / Ireland match on Setanta with Henry's hand ball.

This is the first time I saw the French celebrations after the game.

I now officially dislike the French football team more than the Italians, which I never thought possible.

Fuck the French. They can keep their hardshelled white loaves of bread and their wine is not as good as they think. I don't even follow fashion so what's left? Croissant's weren't even invented in France.

Va te faire foutre.

That is all.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I love it when my wife talks dirty in french, it gets me going unlike the dirty talk in german.

Have I gone off topic?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am disappointed by the responses. Mildy amused, but disappointed.

You can hav'em Scarf. They don't wash.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You mean these guys?
French-Soldiers-monty-python-380142_800_441.jpg

You can't expect too much honour from the French, let alone French FOOTBALL players.
And Mark, dirty German sex-talk? Now you're freaking me out!!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Blue said:
I am disappointed by the responses. Mildy amused, but disappointed.

You can hav'em Scarf. They don't wash.

Did you want a serious answer Blue? Well I have had the opportunity to visit France (and other continental countries) quite a few times now. My first trip to Paris was heading towards disaster until a random frenchie recognised that I had a rugby shirt I had on and went along way out of his way to help me (he even got me to mind his car while he went searching for directions).

I have learned that they always put themselves first; in fact its more they put their local region first, france second and the rest of the world 100th. Other nationalities do the same, the french are just more open about it. They are very loyal to those who they feel have earnt it. Aus earned it in WWI. The yanks should have earned it in WWII but were such arseholes about it afterwards that the frogs turned on them. Everything the frogs do is covered in passion, from opening a 7euro bottle of plonk, to winning the lcoal debry to winning a test against the hated poms. What would be an outragous display of emotion for an Aussie is par for the course for a frog. Whats more, the frogs are just as happy to stab an enemy in the back while they sleep as challenge them to a fair fight. For us, this is terrible display of sportsmanship, but its what makes them what they are.

The soccer game you refer to was a discrace. I would prefer FIFA overrule the result and put ireland in. However, France's celebration was just par for the course for a proud and passionate soccer nation that just dodged might big bullet. I would hate it if Aus players carried on the same way in the same circumstances but the french - well thats just what they do.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The soccer game you refer to was a discrace. I would prefer FIFA overrule the result and put ireland in. However, France's celebration was just par for the course for a proud and passionate soccer nation that just dodged might big bullet. I would hate it if Aus players carried on the same way in the same circumstances but the french - well thats just what they do.

And let's face it, almost every other football team in the world would carry on the same way.

So I think you should change the topic to 'Fuck the Poofballers'. Although I don't think Scarfie will join you in that activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.