• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fucking NRL cocksmackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They got some bint to sing the anthem at the "Test" against the Kiwis and she's improvising. It boils my fucking piss, especially when the ground announcer thanks both her and the eminently better Kiwi girl singing their anthem, then says "And Katie has just released her album blah blah blah"

Good haka by the Kiwi boys. Looks like they added a bit of their own to it and really barred up.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
the plug for the new album whilst being introduced to sing the anthem was a little strange to say the least.

another thing, channel nine and rugby league writers ripped into union at the start of the year when they had there indiginous test for not helping aboriginal kids into the game while league was. then they show the opening ceremony of the new stadium, with smoking cerimonie to ward off spirits and nine cuts to a brake for five minutes just when it starts.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Well, while we're on topic.

1. Why do they play the Anthems when it's Country vs City, or State of Origin for that matter. Surely Anthems are for countries and should be used for international fixtures.
2. Where abouts in the country is Suva? Cause Lote playing for Country seems just a little odd.
3. How good is the Baabaa's tradition of wearing your clubs socks in these rep matches. Would be a good touch for the city/country matches

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Moses said:
Well, while we're on topic.

1. Why do they play the Anthems when it's Country vs City, or State of Origin for that matter. Surely Anthems are for countries and should be used for international fixtures.
2. Where abouts in the country is Suva? Cause Lote playing for Country seems just a little odd.
3. How good is the Baabaa's tradition of wearing your clubs socks in these rep matches. Would be a good touch for the city/country matches

lets not encourage them to make good decisions, until they're assimilated back into rugby.

C

chief

TheRiddler said:
What are you all doing watching the league anyway? :fishing
I was wondering the same thing, I watched the first bit, just to check out what the new stadium looks like, I then turned off the tv and waited for the result in the newspaper the next day.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Actually went to the new stadium today (and yes to watch league, but in my defence it was the first league game I have ever been to). From a Melburnian's perspective it was amazing to watch a game designed for a rectangular field played in a stadium designed for that. The stadium was at about 2/3 capacity and it was quick and easy to get a beer or food (even had a guy charge me for two beers out of my two beers and a pie order ($12.40 actually charged), then proceed to give me $12.40 change out of a twenty for it. From the inside I question why the seats aren't blue, but apart from that I think the stadium looks good inside and out. Have a good idea of where I want to sit for the Rebels next year, and am really looking forward to seeing Rugby played there.

A

AIDAN

the stadium roof leaked. what a waste of money. people paid over $100 to sit undercover and it leaked.
also if anyone saw the opening ceremony they had why did El Mazri run on and kick a goal in Aus shirt? what does he have to do with anything in Melbourne or Australia, he played in Sydney and is Lebanese. stupid League organisers.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I guess you don't know who the singer is then, Nick?

Katie Noonan formerly of the band George, who have had some commercial success in Oz, but what is more impressive is her vocal range. She is one of the best contemporary vocalists in this country. I believe her mother is classically trained, maybe even opera singer, while her father is a jazz musician.

I thought she did a good job of the anthem. Let's face it as far as countries anthems go, it is a pretty shit one.

T

TOCC

the anthem sounded butchered, the girl who sang the kiwi anthem was 10times better

AD said:
the stadium roof leaked. what a waste of money. people paid over $100 to sit undercover and it leaked.
also if anyone saw the opening ceremony they had why did El Mazri run on and kick a goal in Aus shirt? what does he have to do with anything in Melbourne or Australia, he played in Sydney and is Lebanese. stupid League organisers.

the whole El Mazri thing bewildered me as well, i really couldnt figure out why he was actually at the game..
How many test matches did he actually play, 2 games?

A

AIDAN

2 tests if that. but he isnt really asutralian or aboriginal. i think he played for lebanon at some stage. he really had nothing to with Melbourne. a better idea would have been a Melbourne Storm great or someone associated with the stadium. i thought the anthem was terrible aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.