• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Melbourne Christmas Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, anyone interested? I figure since Sydney and Brisvegas are doing it, why not Melboune?

I'm thinking the 19 December in a nice Beer garden. Perhaps one of the ones that are sponsored by the Rebels. Getting a booking around that time would be difficult, but we can only ask the question. I'm happy to travel for this one and as always the more the merrier.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm keen :) Anyone else? Sure I could twist a few arms. Need to celebrate a cracking year for both the Wallabies, Rebels and Rising.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I'll be a tentative yes. You know what it's like at that time of year!

Pick a date and place and let's see where the cards fall

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, finally got my shit together and looked at my social calendar.

...well, I just asked the wife what nights I didn't have other shit booked.

Throwing some dates out there:
  • Saturday 6 December
  • Friday 18 December
  • Sunday 20 December
  • Monday 21 December (simultaneous drinking with the Sydney GAGR crew, only in a far better City)
Venue wise I'm thinking Beer Garden, afternoon/evening style thing. Basic food, bot not a 3-course feed required. Wouldn't mind supporting one of the Pubs that sponsor Rebels players. See the list here: http://melbournerebels.com.au/club/access-rugby/rebels-away-venues
What do y'all think?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wife and I share gmail calendar events. So when she puts something into a spot I've already booked, I at least have the right to complain about it ;)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
We tried that and it dismally failed. It even forced me to convert over to iOS to trial it, only for the ol' paper diary to make comeback in about 4 weeks. Now I'm like a crack addict with my iPhone; can't give it up.

We both use GMail, so I'm going to move her over to that. Fuck this paper diary off for good.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
gmail doesn't require iOS, unless you're using their fucking awful mail client and fucking awful iCalendar (both of which are fucking awful, in case I hadn't mentioned).

But I know what you mean - the wife has her work and personal shit set up on iPad and sometimes sends me events from iSuckAtCalendar by mistake. I then force her to use gmail or the appointment isn't official (tell her my gmail threw it away as spam/virus).

She uses the aforementioned fucking awful iOS mail client over the gmail one, which I really can't understand.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm in 100%, just give me a date and i'll turn up! If there's anything i can do to help then you need only ask!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
gmail doesn't require iOS, unless you're using their fucking awful mail client and fucking awful iCalendar (both of which are fucking awful, in case I hadn't mentioned).

But I know what you mean - the wife has her work and personal shit set up on iPad and sometimes sends me events from iSuckAtCalendar by mistake. I then force her to use gmail or the appointment isn't official (tell her my gmail threw it away as spam/virus).

She uses the aforementioned fucking awful iOS mail client over the gmail one, which I really can't understand.

Finally got pissed off wit the paper diary fucking up my weekend, so I fixed it good and proper. Google calendar it is. Wife LOVES it as they are a GMAIL corporate user. Think I earned some brownie points.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Awesome. The best help would be suggesting a pub right now (see my ideas above).

Great, well out of those options I've only been to the Botanical and the Turf bar. Botanical was very good for a drink. Turf Bar, my memory was hazy to say the least......

So based off that i'd happily suggest the Botanical!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, based on some comments here are the dates we CAN do (or no one has said no yet).
  • Saturday 5 December
  • Sunday 13 December
  • Sunday 20 December
  • Monday 21 December
Any takers? Keen to lock something in so we can secure a table.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, lock the date in! Sunday 20th it is. Reckon we go for about 3pm onwards - good ol' Sunday sippers.

So far we've got about 5 people who can make it, perhaps 6. Botanical has been suggested and I'm happy to run with it. If I don't hear otherwise by 5pm tomorrow, I'll try to go ahead and book it.

Also, not restricting it to just GAGR types; if you like Rugby and Beer then you're welcome.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Shit is real now. Good to see a few of the fellas will be attending.

I have spoken to the Botanical. They don't reserve tables in the Bar area, but can book us a table in the Bistro. If there is interest I can book a table (latest sitting in 2:30 on the Sunday), or we just take our chances in the Bar area. Let me know your thoughts.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Update for this weekend. I've booked a Table in the Dining Room from 1:30pm. This is to give us enough time before they shut down the Lunch Menu at 3pm. After that, we can shift tot he Bar or just stay there.

A few of you have said you'l make it for Lunch. To be sure I've booked a table for 10. It would help if you can give me an indication if you're still keen for a late lunch.

Booking in the dining Room is under my name. Look forward to seeing you there.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
e5609bdf26a11eb4aa99885c2c167316.jpg

And it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.