1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Melbourne Christmas Drinks

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by oztimmay, Dec 4, 2014.

1. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

Lunch done, now more drinks [IMG]
    matty_k and Gagger like this.
  2. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

Moving in to the unofficial home of GAGR Melbourne - the Posty in Richmond.[IMG]
    yourmatesam and matty_k like this.
  3. Jellic87 Chris McKivat (8)

I must offer my apologies for not attending the Christmas drinks! I made the rookie error of asking my girlfriend to marry me the day before the event and thought i'd be allowed to skip down to the pub the very next day for a day of talking rugby and beers... Absolute schoolboy error on my behalf.

I hope it was a cracker!
  4. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

Yep, I think we all had a good time. Good food, good company. Bigger and better then next year, although I think I might try and find a more moderately priced pub.

Congrats on your pending nuptuals. Once you learn the words 'yes dear' then you're set.

Make sure you pop down for a Beer before the Rebels opener against the Reds. Will probably do a first game thing at a Pub too.
    Jellic87 likes this.
  5. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

^^^It is November next week and the end of "next year" is already upon us with the Festive diaries already becoming full,

With the season officially over, it is time for the @Oztimmay & the Usual Suspects to step up and make the booking for the annual Melbourne Chapter Chrissie Get together to demonstrate that it is bigger and better.

Where and When?

You know it makes sense.
  6. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

I'm in. Whenever. Wherever.
  7. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

OK, now getting my shit together. Time to help organise this.

Who is up for a Pint before the end of 2016? Venue? Somewhere a little cheaper than the Botanical methinks.
  8. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

I'm up for it. The College Lawn is a nice venue - cheaper than the Botanical and also Rugby-friendly.
  9. Mr Wobbly Colin Windon (37)

Sounds good to me. Do we have a date and time?
  10. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

That's open for discussion. When are we all free? Happy to pick a time between now and Christmas?
  11. KevinO Jim Lenehan (48)

Between now and Christmas i'm out. To much on this weekend and than it's Christmas the following weekend.
  12. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

How about the first week of January?
    KevinO likes this.
  13. amirite Chilla Wilson (44)

How many guys usually rock up to this?
  14. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

15. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

Last year was the first, we had 5. The more, the merrier (naturally). Brisvegas and Sidenee also host one.
  16. 22meter Frank Nicholson (4)

17. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

Ok, let's try for 2017. Beer and Meat night can double as a GAGR Melbourne Chapter drinks.

Who's in?
  18. oztimmay Peter Sullivan (51)

To continue, anyone has a suggestion for a venue? Time, dates people are free.
  19. Tex Ken Catchpole (46)

Best dates are not school nights, so 15th, 21st 23rd would be my picks.

I'm not fussed re. venue, as long as it's a pub, fairly central and not a yuppy-magnet.