• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Sydney Christmas drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Great to hear it went over well. I'll get to one of these shindigs some day. And good on Scott Fardy for being a champ and receiving his award in person.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Thanks to Lindo for organising, to McLaren Vale Beer for the drinks and to everyone who turned up for making it a great night!

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What a great night! You wouldn’t believe the number of rugby supporters there are hanging around when free beer’s on offer, millions of the bastards. And good blokes they were too, to a man. JSRF10 turned up for the first time, a delightful young man from Belfast. ShtinaTina did her bit for the fairer sex in a roomful of men. NtA continued his successful reintroduction to normality. RugbyFuture proudly paraded his Swedish team jumper. Charles, a Pommy prop, someone’s mate (can’t remember whose), stuck his paw up when one of the regulars headed for the bar. A bloody good sport he was when the conversation wandered over to cricket. Scott Fardy made an appearance to receive his G&GR award from Gagger. The old lags, Gagger, Gibbo, cyclo, Braveheart, Badger, Moses, Jnor, matty_k and yours truly, were there in force. cyclo’s brother, boyo, made an appearance, fatprop was his usual charming self, barbarian kept us entertained with goings-on at Parliament House, rugbysmartarse put his head in late. Have I missed anyone bereft of a capital letter? Ah, topo, tucked up in Tamworth after a bout of back surgery, and yourmatesam, snug in the sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga.

A special thanks to the boys at the McLaren Vale Beer Company for the coupla kegs, they went down a treat.

We should have these get-togethers more often.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Sounds like it was a top night gents, apologies for not being able to make it. For those of you who are interested in making the trek to the Rebels v Horrortahs trial in Albury on 1st Feb, I'll be there.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That time of the year's rushing up on us. Christmas Day's on Thursday this year, what's the best day for our annual shindig, Monday 22 December or Tuesday 23 December? Or the week preceding?

I was thinking of The Clock Hotel in Surry Hills to continue our annual wanderings around Sydney pubs which serve decent beer. The lunch some of us attended on Sunday, 18 May before the Lions match was very enjoyable, I'd be inclined to try and take that whole northern side, including the verandah to negate the chance of cigarette smoke drifting in to our eating area.

Thoughts, comments.

PS. The Clock's installed a whisky bar since we were there last. See you there, Jnor. :cool:

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'll try to make an appearance this year, missed a heap of gatherings since my baby was born so I have a lot to make up for.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
19th would be best, I fly out lunch time on the 23rd. the weekend prior will be quite "family" orientated

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Clock booked for Monday, 22 December, fun to start at 5:30pm. They've given us the whole northern lounge area including the verandah.

19th isn't a goer, fp, there's no way they (or most other pubs) would put a large bar area aside on a Friday night. This way you'll be nicely primed for the plane trip.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Hey guys, in reply to your text Lindo, I won't be sure of my exact plans considering it's the week before Christmas (22/12). If the 8/12 works for everyone then sure make it then. Don't hinge the decision on my availability, with any luck I'll be able to make either date.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Clock booked for Monday, 22 December, fun to start at 5:30pm. They've given us the whole northern lounge area including the verandah.

19th isn't a goer, fp, there's no way they (or most other pubs) would put a large bar area aside on a Friday night. This way you'll be nicely primed for the plane trip.

mmm, it will only be a couple

Status
Not open for further replies.