• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Vote - Should Deans go after the EOYT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sorry I don't know how to set up the vote option.

Mods please help me.

No comments, just a straight Yes/No vote.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well my first thought would be to let his contract run, then let him re-apply for the job while comparing him to the other candidates. Or if he does terrible on this tour, get early applications for the job and if anyone outstanding puts their hand up then maybe think about replacing early.

But that would be silly when we can just fire him and find a coach later, regardless of whether they can do a better job. A wild emotional outburst is the clear solution here.

It's a yes from me.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He should resign and show that he has the interests of australian rugby at heart.
He could offer to resign at least - the ARU can refuse to accept it.
Something that demonstrates an attitude other than Im here for the money: sack me & pay me or Im staying would restore my faith.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
After, during..... Shame we missed the boat on before. Totality Tony is there, I am confident that everything would be looked after.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
It's annoying to me that after the first half of TRC, everyone was crying for Dean's head, then after the Argentina game and the All Blacks in Brizzy, the general consensus was that "he's done enough to save his job and should be kept at least til the end of the Lion's tour", then after the first match of the tour, it all turns around again and he should go!

He is contracted until 2013, and while many speculate that its the end of the Lions, I don't think there is an official date out there. Its pretty clear that with his record and JO'N not being at the helm then he won't have his contract renewed. But it's too late for him to go now, and the end of the Lion's tour will be the perfect time for the ARU to move him on. So unfortunately for the people wanting change, realistically, no matter how much its decried, you've still got at least 6 more tests with Deans at the helm

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, and he will not leave under his own steam.
The decision has to be made, should have already been made, by the ARU.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
As has been pointed out, he's a handful of games short of being the most-capped Wallabies coach ever. Knocking off G&GR's own Bob Dwyer. We can't let that happen, can we?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think he should go. Even after the Puma and AB's game I wanted him to go. He doesn't seem to have a coaching style at all. When he started it was all about fast wingers who could be put into space, like Peter Hynes, but before the RWC last year he changed all of that seemed to want to crash the ball up at 12. His new style isn't working so no he doesn't want the backs to get the ball at all so he put forwards in the backline to hit the ball up and then we pick and go all day.
We will loose this weekend and the calls for his head will come from all corners, then we will beat Italy in a close game that shows lots of character before getting on top of Wales and everyone thinking things will get better. It's the constant cycle of a Dean's coached Wallaby team and it needs to end.

PinkRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes, but IMO he should go immediately! I'm so sick of all the excuses and reasoning that he should stay. Would we do any worse under a caretaker coach?? Surely it can't get any worse than how we played against the French!

Australian rugby is on the verge of becoming a laughing stock. What other code would have kept a coach on after such poor results! If we want any chance of beating the Lions, he has to go now!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
No.
His repalcement would be Link and timing is horrible. Link has done an amazing job at the it's not worth stuffing up the Reds with the super comp around the corner.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
No.
His repalcement would be Link and timing is horrible. Link has done an amazing job at the it's not worth stuffing up the Reds with the super comp around the corner.

As much as i appreciate the sentiment and would love Link to stay on at the Reds, the rate at knots that the Wallabies are going backwards is a far bigger issue for Australian rugby. Graham is a pretty good backup in QLD and there needs to be change. I'd have JON back to see out his contract if it meant Dingo was told to fuck off and the ARU issued an honest appraisal of his time as coach. At least an admission they got it wrong in re-signing him before the RWC would be start.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Yes he should go because that's how the job works. The team succeeds, you succeed, the team underperforms, you haven't achieved what you were employed for and you go.

It's the same as a CEO of a public company, you increase profit, share price rises, you write your own ticket, the company fails or drifts backward, you get a tap on the shoulder. Forget the excuses, there are none, this is the real world. If I employ a salesman, he makes or exceeds his targets, he gets promotion, more money, a chance to buy shares. He fails to make adequate sales, it's sorry my friend, but this is clearly not the right role for you.

The Wallabies have clearly not met expectations under Deans, and while you can speak of injury tolls, the occasional exceptional performance, he must be judged by the success or otherwise of the team, based on reasonable expectations.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He should not go because Nucifora is the next cab off the rank. Not Ewen as many are suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.